X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InTheRed
    • Mar 2004

1068 Bass management question

Again, I'm pretty close to getting a 1068/1075, but just wanted to clarify the bass management capabilities for the analog 5.1 inputs.

As far as I understand it, if it is set to small speakers with the sub set to 'on', then everything below 100hz will be sent to the sub (is this frequency adjustable?). If the speakers are set to large with the sub 'on' then you get the double bass issue. Is this correct?

I have Snell large bookshelf speakers, so I'm in the middle ground, and would usually like to have the sub working for me, but usually listen with the large speaker setting. Is the 'large speaker/small speaker' setting a universal one or assignable by input like some of the other bass management features?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

The "bass-doubling" was only an issue in the older model, the 1066. The new 1068 does not have this "feature"/issue (as default). All bass management should be done in your player. You can re-create the "bass-doubling" using what Rotel refers to as LFE REDIRECT but it is entirely user selectable.

When the MULTI INPUT source is selected on the INPUT SETUP menu, the available options change to reflect the fact that these inputs are
    direct analog inputs and bypass the RSP-1068’s digital processing. The INPUT, CINEMA EQ, and DEFAULT MODE options are not available since these are all digitally implemented features. The VID INPUT, INPUT LABEL, and 12V TRIGGER options are still available and work as
    described on the previous menu. One additional option, LFE REDIRECT, provides an alternative bass management configuration. Typically, the eight channels of the MULTI INPUT are configured as pure analog bypass signals, going straight from the inputs to the volume control and the preamp outputs, bypassing all of the digital processing. There are no crossovers and no bass management; therefore, whatever signal goes into the subwoofer channel will be sent to the subwoofer preamp output.
    This configuration may not be ideal for multichannel systems configured with high-pass speakers, redirecting bass to a powered subwoofer.
    An option, called LFE REDIRECT, sends the seven main channels directly to the outputs as usual. In addition, it takes a duplicate copy of these seven channels, combines them into mono, and routes them through a 100 Hz analog low-pass crossover to the subwoofer preamp output. This creates a summed mono subwoofer signal, derived from the seven main channels of the MULTI INPUT. Use the LFE REDIRECT off for the pure analog bypass configuration. Use the LFE REDIRECT on setting to derive the mono summed subwoofer output.
    Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• InTheRed
      • Mar 2004

Thank you so much for providing the info. That clears it all up. The board rocks.

Comment

• InTheRed
        • Mar 2004

Did you get that info from an online manual or other detailed source? I'd love to see that if you have a link. Sometimes I find Rotel's marketing materials lacking in useful detail.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Your very welcome and yes it does

And yup...here ya go http://www.rotel.com/support/pdfs/manuals/RSP1068.pdf

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"