X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevo238
    • Apr 2006

RA-972 or RA-1060

I know one of these amps is the successor to the other. I'd like your opinion on which integrated is the better value of the two used. Both amps have garnered reasonably good to very good reviews also, but which amp has the better control, power, build, and finally sound. Regards.

S.
  • 2bluechris
    • Oct 2005

RA-972 and RA-1060 .

Hi Stevo , the RA-972 was simply an RA-971MkII with added Remote Control , if I understood correctly . The RA-971mkII was a very good amp at its price and I wish I had bought one !
    The RA-1060 was apparently a bit of dud by Rotel standards - by Rotel standards , not a dud compared to similar priced amps by some other manufacturers , though I have not heard one so cannot comment precisely . How-ever , the RA-1060 was discontinued and its circuit was refined and the follow-up RA-1062 was released and has been very well received for its sound quality . I have not heard one yet , but hope to soon as I am looking for an amp of its power rating , etc ... I suggest you listen to both amps , in the same system if possible , and hear what-ever is revealed .

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"