X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Remote amps with multi circuits?

I am looking to put some pro amps through a wall behind my home theater components, into another room where they will be out of reach, out of sound. I hear some people say that you have to turn these pro amps on and off, manually, every time. I may also be running some extra dedicated 20 Amp circuits to the cold storage, where my amps will be. Any ideas on how I can connect the amps remotely, use a few plugs so I don't have all the amps on one circuit, and have some kind of sequence to turning them on and off. Thomas mentioned this product, but not sure how it will work.

If I use something like this, I imagine I plug it into one plug, and then all the amps will be running off of the one circuit that the Furman is plugged into. Not exactly what I want. Any ideas are appreciated.
    Roly
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Rolyasm
      • Dec 2004

Thanks Thomas,
      You the man.

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Rolyasm
        Thanks Thomas,
        You the man.
        So how come I didn't get a "you da man" too on AVS Forum [snif, snif] ? I recommended the same Furman products to you there.

Comment

• Paul H
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Glen B
          So how come I didn't get a "you da man" too on AVS Forum [snif, snif] ? I recommended the same Furman products to you there.

http://avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea...53#post8306853

Because Thomas has been patiently answering his questions starting a year ago "what's a woofer?" to now when Rolyasm is helping set up friends subs with laptops, measurement mics and eq software. :twisted: :B

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"