X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slyther3
    • Apr 2006

Hooking up my dvd to 1067

Long story short I dont have my manual... I bought a soni dvd player just to get me through till I decide on Blue Ray or Hd. I have a pioneer 50 inch plasma that I run a HDMI cable from dvd player to Tv. I have a digital cable <not optic> that I run to coax 1 on the back of the reciever. I cant get any sound. I dont know how to program my reciever... <new at this>. to find the dvd player.... I know I could download the manual.... Hopwever I will have it Monday. I just bought a 1068 and 1095 and this was a temporary fix till the audio equipment came in. I like this A/V receiver so I decided to just get a 1080 amp to power my paradigm studio 100's. Any suggestions would be helpful.... Thanks to all you Rotelio's ..... ;x(
    Ck
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

If you have 5.1 from your DVD, you probably need to hook up 6 cables (multichannel) from DVD to the 1068. If I use the optical cable I do not get sound either from multichannel. The digital cable is only 2 channels, so cannot handle 5.1. You could start using a cable to connect the 5.1 out FRONT L/R to the 1067 and see if it works.

This is different from my old receiver, my old onkyo could handle stereo sound on the multichannel input...

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

By default coax 1 feeds to video 1, so make sure it's set to that input. In addition I believe the sony's default their digital outputs to off. You need to go into the DVD setup menu and turn the digital output on, dolby-digital to bitstream and DTS to bitstream/on.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"