X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dondon
    • Apr 2006

RSP-1068 & RSX-1056

Hi forumers,

Can anyone advise me what is the different between RSP-1068 & RSX-1056? i intended to setting up HT. So which model would be suitable ?

Sorry, i am new on this technology ...hope someone can help. Many thks.
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

The RSX-1056 is a receiver, so has a built-in amplifier. The RSP-1068 requires an additional amplifier. This can be more flexible, but if you do not have demanding speakers, a receiver can be more cost effective as good amplifier is as expensive or more so that the 1068. The 1068 / amplifier combination is easier to "upgrade" but that is also quite expensive to do.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Plus the 1056 has a tuner...

Kevin D.

Comment

• DerrickTT
        • May 2006

I read another post on this forumand I'm confused.

Can we use the RSX-1056 as PreAmp and connect it to RMB-1075, then connect the 2 fronts to the 1075, center and rears to the RSX-1056 ? In that case, will we have enuf power to drive the B&W603 S3, center LCR600 and rear 602-S3 ?

I'm building my HT for 60% music and 40% movies.

Please advise.

Comment

• shades
          • Mar 2005

You can use the 1056 as a preamp, and the 1075 to power the fronts. But i would say the 1056 will be enough power. The 1056 in 2 channel is 100wpc and the 1075 is 130wpc, not really a big enough change to really notice a difference if you listen to your music in 2channel stereo or bypass.

I would say try the 1080 and 1056 combo. The 200wpc from the 1080 will be a noticeable difference. Alot of forum members are using this combo and are very satisfied.
          B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• DerrickTT
            • May 2006

Shades,

Your suggesion is using the 1080 instead of the 1075 ? Then the connection will be the same as I posted earlier ?

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

• foeth
              • Apr 2006

If you have the RMB 1075 you can hook up all our speakers to the amplifier and not use the amplifiers of the RSX 1056. Then you would not need the 1056's amps and use the RSP 1068; the combo RSP/RMB is cheaper than the RSX/RMB combination. I doubt there is an audible difference with the B&W 6 series.

But, using only the RSX 1056 should be all you need. You can probably pick one up soon second hand now the RSX 1057 is released (is it already?).

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by foeth
                But, using only the RSX 1056 should be all you need. You can probably pick one up soon second hand now the RSX 1057 is released (is it already?).
                Unless his dealer has old stock, he'll have to pick it up used. The 1057 is available and has replaced the 1056.

Kevin D.

Comment

• stantheman2
                  • Apr 2004

I say, if your budget allows, get a separate power amp and use the 1057 as a preamp. I am using the 1056 receiver as a preamp, and a 1075 amp driving B&W 603 Series 2 speakers. Using the 1075 outboard amp instead of the amp in the 1056 results in a very noticeable improvement in sound, even in 2-channel listening. Interestingly, the sound is much improved even at low to moderate listening levels, when you would think there wouldn't be any difference. I found adding the 1075 to be well worth the extra $$.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                    • Apr 2006

Hi dondon,

I have just upgraded from RSP 1066 to RSX 1057. And i really like the 1057 alot. I have it hooked up to my RMB 1075 and the sound is as good as the RSP 1068. I know some people who have the rsp1068 and rmb1075 combo here won't agree with me on that but to my ears i hear no diffrence in sound quality between the 1057 and the 1068. So because of that i bought the rsx 1057 and saved almost $800 that will go into my RLC-1040.

The Pre outs on the 1057 are same as the 1068. And you get more features with the 1057 like HDMI and tuner ect...

I went this way because i just want to wait and see what kind of Pre/Pros Rotel will have out next year. Than i can sell the 1057 and get a new Processor.

Cheers,

Comment

• DerrickTT
                      • May 2006

Hi all,

My dealer's price list as (USD):

-RSP-1068 : $1,700
                      -RMB-1075 : $1,000
                      -RSX-1057 : $1,300
                      -RB-1080 : $1,000

Please advise me which combination is better for music. I can afford up to $2,700 (I'm living in San Diego, I also have to pay 7.75% for tax).

Thanks all

PS: Could anyone please IM me the "good price" that you got from your dealer.

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by DerrickTT
                        Hi all,

Please advise me which combination is better for music. I can afford up to $2,700 (I'm living in San Diego, I also have to pay 7.75% for tax).

Thanks all

I vote 1057 + 1080 (or 1075 if movies/MC music are also a priority) + quality source like 1072 etc :T
                        Jason

Comment

• Elvis
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DerrickTT
                          Hi all,

Thanks all

If you care about the best 2ch music,the 1068 and the 1075.Unless Rotel has changed something in audio between the 1056 and the 1057 the 1056 does NOT do 2ch on the same level as the 1068.I suppose if you can't hear the difference it don't matter but I can.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"