X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorsportnut
    • Mar 2004

RSP1068 and IR emitters

I have the RSP1068 and an RCD965BX cd player which has its IR reciever blocked by a wood strip in the middle of the glass door that my gear is in. I know that the 1068 can 'relay' IR to other devices via it's EXT IR connection.

My question is can I use a simple emitter that will be placed over the IR window on the CD player and connect plug end to the 1068? If so what emitters and plugs are compatible with the 1068?

What IR equipment in general is compatible with Rotel gear?

Dale
  • Bostonears
    • Mar 2004

Virtually any IR emitter with a 3.5mm plug should work. Xantech is one company that makes these (which I have used successfully with a 1068), but there are many other brands available.

Comment

• motorsportnut
      • Mar 2004

Thanks for the reply. I did go back and look at the manual it does actually mention Xantch gear. Niles probably works also.

Another question came up after reading the manual. Will the emitter by itself be enough? I am not really sure if I would still need an IR reciever plugged into the 1068. I think the 1068 will just 'relay' the signal via its own IR window out the IR out port the emitter is connected too. I hope I am right.

Dale

Comment

• Bostonears
        • Mar 2004

Dale,

The IR emitter is all you should need.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"