X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kobus
    • Aug 2005

New South African Price List - Up 11%

Comparing the new price list to the old on the items I am interested in (1068, 1098, 1077, 1092) I found that the new prices are up 11%.

The exchange rate remained reasonably constant lately.

What is this based on. Do the $ prices also increase like this.

Kobus
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

You should be used to the South African importers by now Kobus. And be used to getting ripped off at every opportunity.
    What did the retailer say is the reason. Cost of crude oil?

Comment

• bleeding ears
      • Nov 2004

How about bypassing the dealer and using ebay?

That way you get the best discount ever.

Comment

• Boombox
        • Oct 2005

I bought my RB1070 10 month ago for R6200. My dealer gave me the usual 10% discount on a cash deal, i.e. R5580. Now the suggested cash price is R6200!!
        It is clear that we are getting ripped off and I have just gone sour towards Rotel. My next buy would have been the RCD1072, but @ R8300 (US$1300) it is just rediculous considering that the States gets it for $700.

Sorry ROTEL....you have just OVERPRICED yourselves. Good-bye!!
        Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• Kobus
          • Aug 2005

Although I do not understand the pricing of Rotel, and superficially I am not happy, I would be hesitant to jump to serious conclusions without further research as to how competitor pricing works etc.

BTW, the RCD1072 seems like one of the few items that came down in price ?????

Kobus

Comment

• charles17
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kobus
            Comparing the new price list to the old on the items I am interested in (1068, 1098, 1077, 1092) I found that the new prices are up 11%.

The exchange rate remained reasonably constant lately.

What is this based on. Do the $ prices also increase like this.

Kobus

Hi Kobus,

Is there a published price list available on the Net or did you just find this out from a dealer?

The last pricelist I saw was November based?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Kobus
              • Aug 2005

On the front page of there website. Prices used to be listed with the products.

Kobus

Comment

• charles17
                • Oct 2005

Thanks for the link, Kobus.

Will go and have a look now.

Comment

• charles17
                  • Oct 2005

Retail and cash

Have just done a comparison with few products from the November 05 pricelist to current, and in all cases it appears that the prices on the November pricelist were cash prices as they are identical to the cash price figure on May 2006 pricelist.

That would account for the 11% price increase, as the cash discount price is normally RSP less 10%

So, it appears the prices have not changed. So, Boombox you do not need to change brand, unless I missed something.

Comment

• Boombox
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by charles17
                    ...unless I missed something...
                    I am missing something here.....

RB1070 = R6200 (cash price - 2006)...previously (2005) it was R6200 (retail ) - 10% (cash discount) = R5580 (cash price - 2005) :T . In the States the RB1070 = $699 (R4550). Compare this to the cash price above and I feel good, because it costs me +/-R1000 more here than in the States....I CAN live with that...and for those that don't know R1000 is alot of money here...

RB1080 = R13900.. 8O; Cash price R12500...In the States $999 (R6500) :roll: . The RB1080 is only 4kg heavier than the RB1070.....so.....its not shipping....
                    RB1092 = R24900 ($3800)...States $2500..

Please don't get me wrong here. I am more than willing to pay....that said, I just want some assurance that it is the fair price....!!!
                    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• charles17
                      • Oct 2005

Boombox,

I do not think SA prices have changed - as said I think the pricelist layout has, so the cash price in 05 and 06 is the same.

As to the difference between US and SA prices, well then you just have to love our foreign exchange policies and all the various taxes we have to pay!!

I do not think this will make you feel any better, but that is how I see all of this.

Comment

• Stevebez
                        • Oct 2003

Almost everywhere is more expensive than the US. Some are more unequal than others though ...

SA needs more than one importer though thats the main problem... they got a monopoly and thats it. Its just MAD!

Also there should be no duties on any ROTEL kit - these were zero rated about 2 years ago.

This is probably what the importer will say ...

"You got your 14% VAT to top up the politicians offshore accounts ... and then there is the extra 10% to pay off the dock store yard owner so the stuff does not get "swiped" and then there is 10% for insurance so the stuff does not get hi-jacked en route - o yes and then there is my FAT margin. Thanks for your business - please call again." ... O brother! :M

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"