X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevo238
    • Apr 2006

Ra 972 integrated-yes or no?

I have an opportunity to purchase a used RA 972. Although several years old, will this amp still compete with more "modern" budget/mid priced amps? It will be the engine for a pair of bookshelf speakers. Thanks.
  • Boombox
    • Oct 2005

YES!!!

I still have my old RA932 (rated 35W/ch) and it still rocks...I am running a pair of bookshelf speakers off it and it sounds amazing.

I have no plans of trading mine; it is still that good. I was able to compare it to a more modern NAD with a greater wattage. The NAD was hooked up to a pair of Mission floorstanders. That pairing was about $500 more expensive than my old RA932 and Boston CR65 set-up. The bass and clarity just blew the NAD/Mission set away...my friend was not impressed with his buy...
    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

My RA-985BX has been in service for 10-12 yrs and won't be going anywhere soon.

Rotel's 900-series of pre's, power amps, integrateds and receivers leave very little to be desired in their price range.
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Tha Freak
        • Jul 2003

I have a RA-972 integrated (paired with a RC-991 CD player) to power my brand new 603s3 and all I can say...they sing!!!! :T
        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"