Please Jitter rating on both Rotel RDV-1060 and the RCD-1072!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Please Jitter rating on both Rotel RDV-1060 and the RCD-1072!!!!

Hi Everyone,
    Can you please give me the Jitter Ratings of both the Rotel RDV-1060 and the Rotel RCD-1072??? :W
    Are both there Jitter ratings high or low???? 8O
    The Marantz DV-9600 has a Low rating of 300ps for example so how would you compare both with the Marantz???
    Thanks for the help,
    Ciao,
    Chinets ;x(
  • Sim reality
    • Aug 2005

I don't think you can determine what will sound better by the specs...

Jitter can be removed by oversampling/buffering which is usually implemented with the DAC. IMHO the jitter number doesn't really tell you anything beside maybe the build quality of the mechanical components (which would be as accurate at saying the heavier player is better).

Comment

• lastexit
      • Feb 2011

I know this is an older thread but I too would love to see the jitter performance of the RCD-1072. Some users have reported it to be high while others have said its low so it remains unclear. I recently found a review of the newer RCD-1570 and was a bit weary after reading about its technical performance. The very informative review states that, "On the other hand jitter, both correlated and noise-like, is rather higher than typical for a player in this class at over 1,000psec. More important is the fact that distortion is largely unvarying through mid and very high frequencies. Read more at http://programming4.us/multimedia/23...iko9WTE.99Read more at http://programming4.us/multimedia/23...aEOqiko9WTE.99" I'd imagine that the performance is similar to the discontinued RCD-1520 CD player and may share similarities to the older well-reviewed RCD-1072.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"