X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • photoman
    • Apr 2006

RSP-1068 and ASW825 Sub calibration

Today, I've gotten around to setting up my 1068 for HT correctly. I went out a got a SPL meter (radio shack model). So, I go though the motions measuring distances, and using 80db as the sound level to achieve from my listening position. I did the fronts, center and rears, but I got to the sub, I wasn't sure if I should be using the volume control on the sub to increase the volume or the 1068? I defaulted to the 1068 instead. Is this wrong, should I be using the sub volume control instead. I also read somewhere that is typical if not correct, to to set the volume of the sub a bit lower then the rest of the speakers?

Watched Star Trek Nemesis what a show... forgive me but when it comes to movies I'm just not up to the times...besides it was the best under $10 film I've ever seen.

thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I would strive to have the 1068 sub level as close to zero and adjust the sub volume. Typically I will set the sub 10db 'higher' then the rest of the speakers when using a test disc. 5-10db when using tones.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"