X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captaincanuck
    • Aug 2005

Rotel 1067 Need Help!

I purchased a Rotel 1067 at Christmas 04 and I need some assistance and/or your expertise. I think I have a bit of a problem. I'm using the Rotel with Definitive Tech speakers (7.1 DT2002's). After the unit has been on for a few hours its starts with a crackle (for lack of a better term) in one of the side speakers and progresses from there. Worst I have heard it get is a loud crackle, hum etc. from all seven speakers. When you shut the unit off using the main power switch on the back of the unit - it goes away. couple of other smaller issues - i hear a constant hum when there is no sound signal going through the speakers. tends to be drowned out when watching a movie or satellite. Secondly, evrey once in awhile when you switch the video (on the rotel) from DVD to Sat or Sat to XBOX, etc. you don't get a picture. If you do it again, then you get the picture. Hope this makes sense. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The crackling is a known problem on early production units, will need to fixed by Rotel. The hum sounds like a ground loop, get the crackling fixed first. On the video problem, how is everything hooked up and what outputs are you using to your TV?

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"