X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpullem
    • May 2006

RSP-1068 to RMB-1095 interconnects

Ordered the above components for my new HT setup. I see the 1095 has a DB25 plug. Anyone using it? If so where did you get the cable/plug from? Search didn't show any 5 RCA plug to DB25 connectors? I also had a link from one of the posts here that someone was using a IXOS 5 RCA to 5 RCA cable they got from an INTERNET source. I can't seem to find that link.

One other thing - My components will be in a cabinet with access from the front (no side access). Do you find that 1 meter cables are to short when you have to pull the component out towards the front to plug in your various cables?

Appreciate any input. Thanks

Don
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Since our forum is sponsored by CATcables, cable discussion needs to be limited. But most of your questions aren't brand specific so here goes:

The DB25 connector was a 'style' connector that didn't really take off. Very few (maybe 1 or 2) companies even offer a 5 to DB25 cable. The ones that do will tell you it's not going to be a high quality cable, it's just something they still keep around for certain pieces that require it. You will be much better off getting 5 CATcables then 1 DB25 cable. The DB25 cables that are out there, are not cheap!

I would get at least a 1.5 meters or better yet 2 meters on the cables. You can do it with 1, but you will wind up only able to have one piece pulled out at a time. Not a good situation when trying to trouble shoot things.

Good luck, and again let keep cable recomendations and 'links' out of the thread.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"