X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Olaf
    • Nov 2003

Do I need to install v1.1.8 first

Dear All,

Just downloaded the new software upgrade for the RSP-1098 and checked the currently installed version. As I have V1.1.6 installed I am now wondering whether I first need to upgrade to V1.1.8, followed by the EPROM update and then install V2.1.1 or can I go for the EPROM update and install V2.1.1 directly?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  • jfinneru
    • Nov 2003

hello. first the eprom update, and then the 2.1.1 update. follow the instructions carefully and you should be ok

brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum
    brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum

Comment

• Sithlord10
      • Apr 2003

Ok I'm confused as to the order of the updates. I also have version 1.1.6 and I understand that you do the Eprom updates first then install V2.1.1 then install V1.1.8. What I don't understand is how you put V2.1.1 on? Is it using the Hyperterminal like you do the update from 1.1.6 to 1.1.8? It's not clear on the release notes as to how you put this V2.1.1 on, and how do you check if you already have it. If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Okay, since you have version 1.16 here is the procedure. First you install the EPROM update via the DSP flash upgrade program software (this is not via Hyperterminal), this will make your EPROM capable of accepting the version 2.x software. Once this is completed you will then install the 2.x software upgrade via Hyperterminal. No need to install any other software upgrades just ensure you follow the instructions to the letter, and voila DoProIIx.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Sithlord10
          • Apr 2003

Thanks Azeke.
          Well I wish I could say everything went well. After doing the Eprom updates(Dip Switches Off) then installing new software V2.1.1(currently had 1.1.6) the 1098 is doing some strange things. My brother had to take over from me as I had to go to work but at that stage the Eproms were on and all he had to install was the sofware (He did it before for V1.1.4 to 1.1.6). He called me to say that the unit was acting strangly in regards to the Optical was not working for DVD sources. He has tried both ports(opt1&2) and checked the input in the menu making sure it's on the appropriate input and he gets no sound. But you switch to the ext (Multi-inputs) and you get sound. For some reason the optical connection is not working. Also he has reported that when he goes into the test tones and goes to cycle through the channels, the screen goes automatically back to the main menue. Now I believe I have gone through the procedure correctly but the question I would like to ask is do I need to install the 1.1.8 software as well as the 2.1.1 software? Are they the same thing or are they different? When holding down the mute button the version is 2.1.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Sithlord10,

No you don't need to install the 1.1.8 version, I upgraded from the 1.1.6 version. The one thing you may want to check are your 12 volt triggers assignments in the menu to ensure they are assigned properly (they are reconfigured with the new software installation), that's what go me initially once I completed the upgrade.

If that is not the issue, then you may what to reinstall the 2.1x software (ensure that you are using the correct OS, i.e WinXP), as per Rotel's recommendation.

Hope this solves your problem, perhaps other forum members can offer their assistance.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Oppps, double post.

My apologies.

Comment

• Sithlord10
                • Apr 2003

I'm not using the 12v triggers in the setup anymore and I turned them off in the approriate areas in the menu. The problem is that my optical is not working but it's trying to lock on to the signal. What I mean by this is the word Dolbyprox11x (something like that) keeps coming up on the display when playing a dvd and when I look at the menu the input switches from analogu to dobly then back again. Also can't go into test tones without it going back automatically to the menu very frustrating. I have tried to flash it again and put the software on again no luck. Will try just putting the software on and I'm using Windows XP (pro). Thanks for your help.

Ok update

Tried putting the sofeware on again for the third time and still getting the same issues. It all goes bad once I try the optical connection which is connected to the dvd player for the signal. Also I noticed when doing the Flash for the Roms after putting on Rom 1 and then doing Rom2 the second time you press the next button is says "Waiting for connection " then says connection not found but if I proceed to go to the next screen it continues to do the flash just like first one and same for the 3 rom. I'm trying to put the software on see if I get the same problems. If I do , I will have to try another computer which I don't have may have to send it away to get it fixed . I don't see what I've done wrong in the procedure it's fairly straight forward. A question regarding the flash Eprom update , is it ok after you have put the 1st rom on to restart the program or shut it down then start it again to put the other rom on? This will eliminate the loss connection I'm getting when putting on Rom2 and then Rom 3. I hope this is not confusing to you all but it's starting to annoy me as others are not having these issues and I've followed everything to the letter. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"