Which DAC are better for Audio and Video: Marantz9600,Rotel 1060???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Which DAC are better for Audio and Video: Marantz9600,Rotel 1060???

Hi Everyone,
    Please help!!!!!
    Which DACs are better for Audio such as DVD-A and SACD and Redbook, CD ,and VIDEO DAC for the below players:

1) Marantz DV-9600
    2) Rotel RDV-1060
    3) Rotel RDV-1092

Please I need to know which is better for Video of these 3 players and compare their DACs ,and to also compare the Audio DACs of these 3 players??

So please Audio DACs and Video DACs in this comparison?? sorry it is a two part question.

I would deeply value your prompt response as I have just placed the order for the Marantz 9600 and will get rid of my Rotel 1060 pronto!!
    So what do you think guys!!!!! Wrong decision!!! For Quality of Video and Audio ?? The only advantage in Marantz as I see it, is the SACD that I gain.

Therefore how does the Video and Audio comapre of these 2 players????????
    Which Video and Audio DACs are better???????????
    Ciao,
    Chinets
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Well, Marantz will probably win on SACD, since Rotel doesn't offer SACD support (; And I'm not sure on Rotel's HDMI audio support...

My guess is that the video will likely be better on the Marantz, but that's more a gut call than from any evidence.

Comment

• martino
      • Aug 2004

I have Marantz 9500

I have the 9500 which is basically the same as the 9600..I love it. All formats play fantasic.
      I had the Rotel 1072 before which I like a lot for CD..but I neede a multi player..I notice not letdown in CD playback.

The Marantz 9500/9600 rock

Cheers

Martin

Comment

• kurtholz
        • Feb 2005

arcamndv29, it will blow you away

trust me, great piece

regards

Kurt

Comment

• chinets
          • Jun 2005

Kurt,
          I don't think so!!!!!!!! They are both the same price ( The Marantz DV 9600 and the Arcam n29) They have the same features and same bits etc. Althought DACs and Bits of Video of Marantz higher than the Arcam. The Audio have the same specs.??
          Haven't heard any of these two yet, but I have ordered the Mrantz DV9600 and retired my Rotel 1060. Hope I did the right thing.???
          Kurt... check your facts before responding you maybe wrong sometimes. The Mrantz kicks that Arcam out of the water ( especially In Video quality and Maybe even Audio?) so go and read some literature on both and come back to me ,and you'll see you are wrong. Have fun pal!!
          Ciao,
          Chinets

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"