Marantz DV 9600 Vs. Rotel RDV 1060 In Audio Only??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Marantz DV 9600 Vs. Rotel RDV 1060 In Audio Only??

Marantz DV 9600 AUDIO question!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,
    Since we are touching on the subject of the Marantz DV 9600 and Rotel RDV -1060 "IN AUDIO ONLY" could you please answer me this question. :E

Prior to buying the Marantz DV 9600, I had the Rotel RDV-1060. The sound of the Rotel 1060 In Video sound was Dynamic and forward, but I find that the Sound of the Marantz in Video sound is warm and very neutral with no dynamics which kind of dissapointed me. On the other hand, the Marantz sounds way better in DVD-A to compare and ofcourse the Marantz has SACD which Rotel does not enjoy. I also found that In DVD-A if we compare the sound of both players. The sound of Marantz has more bass but less Dynamics and more neutral which in DVD-A is perfect ,but the Rotel was way brighter and forward. ops:

Can you please explain to me which do you find better in Video sound Marantz DV 9600 or the Rotel RDV-1060??? As the Marantz twice the price of the Rotel. Marantz $2200 and the Rotel $800. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Best reagrds,
    Chinets ;x(
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

I use to have the RDV1060 and had to replace it with the 1040 after my 2 year old killed it.

Anyways, i auditioned the marantz while back and i really liked it. Audio and video was great. But like you said the sound was a little warm for my taste from the Marantz. I also wanted a DVD player that i can listen to music with. I found that the 1060 was more Dynamic and forward which i really liked. Specialy with action movies, they sounded better i think with the 1060.

As video goes the marantz have the edge there. But with my Sony Grand Wega the difference wasn't that huge to spent the extra $1600 buks.

If you wan't good quality music, both will do a great job at it. It is hard to say which is better because it comes down to your preference.

But for me i like the Audio in Rotel DVD player. Bu like i said, you can't go wrong with the Marantz DV 9600. It is a great player.

Cheers,
    Last edited by ICEMAN70; 12 June 2006, 15:56 Monday.

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

Thanks Iceman for your comments!!!!!!!!
      You are right!!!!!!!! However if one likes DVD-A and SA-CD the Marantz is more correct sounding and tighter bass than the Rotel. Rotel does not have SA-CD so that cancels that out, but DVD-A on the Marantz beats Rotel hands down any day ,but Dynamics In DVD-Video is another story. Marantz makes you have to put the Db's higher then they sound the same, but Rotel has the Dynamics at very low sound...Strange and why if they have the same DACs and Bits. Marantz has even better specs so really why is the dynamics of Rotel higher????????????
      Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"