X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

Help connecting the MP3 to my 1068

My son wanted to sell his Creative Zen Micro photo MP3 player. I bought it as it sounds very good on the head phones. It has a built in tuner with 30 presets. I am also looking for a tuner to go with my RSP1068/1075/1060 set up.
    Question is how do I connect the two ? I want to use the tuner input on the preamp. I have searched the web and the Creative site and can not find the way to attach. I understand that I would have to have cables in some way.
    I then called Rotel, no one has gotten back to me yet.

Do they make a cable that will do this? Has anyone tried this? It is a full digital source and should sound great.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

The easiest way is to do line out/headphone -> RCA. You can find the cables at any a/v store. (mini plug to RCA)

Not that I condone Monster Cable, but here's one they sell:

You can get cheaper cables that are just as good though.

Comment

• Boone38
      • Dec 2004

I knew they had the cables but could find nothing on the Creative /Rotel sites.
      I will try this. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Boone38
        • Dec 2004

Bought the cables and went throught the tuner of the 1068. Sound is not that great. Gain is limited and had the volume all the way up on the MP3 player. Was not impressed. Will continue the search for a tuner.

Comment

• Vinny
          • Mar 2006

Well it's Rotel here but I guess give it a shot for Parasound T3?
          HThifi has a review on it too:
          home theater, high fidelity, high end, amplifiers, receivers, projectors, movies, vcrs, cds, laserdiscs, stereo, surround sound, dolby digital, dts, subwoofer, speakers, reviews, video, audio, dvd, digital audio, tubes, consumer electronics, home entertainment, preamplifiers, processors, cables, TVs, AC line conditioners, velodyne, monitor audio, sunfire, paradigm, meridian, nordost, exact power, redgum, osborn, m&k, mirage, perpetual technologies, anthem, sonic frontiers, htdv, dss
          Pioneer KRP-500M
          Emotiva UMC-1
          Parasound 5125
          Oppo BDP-83
          Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
          SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• sirbogey
            • Mar 2006

MP3s and Rotel don't go together. I tried different ones, Archos, Ipods etc.. The sound quality is very poor. Rotel has some tuners and the receivers have a tuner built in.

Comment

• miner
              • Mar 2005

I have my iPod attached via charging base/Monster cable to AUX input on my RC-1090. Sound quality is fine - I use the lossless format.

Comment

• Clepto
                • Feb 2006

What bitrate are the MP3s you're playing, as that has a huge factor. I wouldn't do anything less than the maximum VBR rate, though lossless would be ideal.

For an iPod, the sound via the dock connector line out may be better than doing headphone jack to RCA.

However, the weakest link is definitely the bit rates the MP3s were recorded at. 128kbps is AWFUL on decent equipment.

Comment

• bzrk
                  • Oct 2005

I just use an RCA cable for my powerbook/airtunes. Yes offcourse cd/sacd/dvda sounds better but for backgroundmusic/parties etc mp3 is perfect no cd changing hassle and loads of other advantages. For "serious" listening use a better source
                  Gr. Sebastian

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"