X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

Connecting a Tuner to the 1068

Hello,

I own a 1068, 1075 and RSX-972 receiver. The receiver is currently being used to Power a 2nd zone setup in my house.

What I would like to do is to use this 972 as a tuner for my 2nd zone setup. Thus, the receiver will be acting as both the amplifer and tuner for the 2nd zone setup. Is this possible?

If so, where would I connect the RCA cables leading from the tuner output on the receiver to the 972?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Are you wanting to use the tuner in the 976 as the tuner on the 1068 also? If so, it's possible but could be slightly complicated to keep everything straight..

Connect the tape out of the 976 to the 1068 tuner input. Whenever you select tuner on the 976, tuner on the 1068 will work. You can have Tuner on both zones, tuner on zone 2 only, but you can't have tuner on zone 1 and something else on zone 2.

Kevin D.

Comment

• chanlon
      • Sep 2003

Thanks Kevin. I'll get it a try and see what happens. I only want the tuner for Zone 2 listening.

Chris

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

If so, where would I connect the RCA cables leading from the tuner output on the receiver to the 972?
        I don't see why you need to run any RCA cables at all unless i'm not following you on this. If you're using the Rotel receiver as the amp and tuner why can't you simply select the tuner on the receiver and listen to the radio? The 1068 shouldn't come into play at all in this situation...unless you're by passing the volume on the receiver?

Comment

• chanlon
          • Sep 2003

Its because I'm a meatball :-)
          I was thinking too much about this. Let me try simply powering the receiver and see what happens.

Thanks again,
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"