X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

1077 Hiss problem

I just hooked up the Rotel 1077 amplifier and it generates a hiss through the tweaters. I've disconnected everything else and put the amp on a separate power socket from the other side of the room (you never know) but it doesn't help. Though the hiss is small, it gets significantly worse when I connect the 1068 (read: it's there to be noticed) expecially on stereo (multi etc is somewhat better). Any thoughts?
  • DL86
    • Sep 2005

When I got my rb-1090 it produced hissing though my speakers that could be heard throughout the room. I then connected a wire between the chassis my yamaha receiver and the chasis of the amplifier, it completely stopped the hissing. So you can try that and connect a wire between the chassis of your rmb-1077 and some other component, it worked for me.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
      • Apr 2006

Just start grounding things to other things until it may go away. It also could be a defective product. I have seen it before. After hours of troubleshooting of course

Comment

• foeth
        • Apr 2006

I'll give my dealer a call next tuesday. Even with all other equipment disconnected and removed the hiss/static persists, and equally on all 7 channels.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Any of your speakers have built in powered subs?

Kevin D.

Comment

• foeth
            • Apr 2006

No, not as far as I know: http://www.tmahifi.com/premium905.html

Comment

• shep
              • Dec 2004

I have the hiss as well with a loaner RB-1090. The amp has a three prong plug (it is grounded), but I still have the hiss. With my old RB-1070, I had a hum. May try the grounding wire as well to see if that does the trick.

Comment

• foeth
                • Apr 2006

I've managed to narrow down the options.

The very low noise from the 1077 remains. At normal/slightly loud volume levels, it can be heard (mute on/off). Not too much of a problem, though not exactly what I bargained for at € 2,500.

The noise from the CD setting is definitely from the 1068. When switching from any analog to optical input with an optical cable inserted the noise dissappears (1077 noise remains). It doesn't matter if there's an interconnect to the 1068 analog inputs, but it does matter if the optical input is present. Strangely enough, multi channel input does not generate additional noise.

I'll still contact my dealer and in the mean time listen through the optical link, I cannot distinguish it from analog anyway.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"