X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lin
    • Feb 2004

Rotel 1056 vs 1067

Newbie in audio (but I love music and movies)........I am relying on a advisor for my audio equipment and he has lead me to Rotel....I am debating between the Rotel 1067 vs 1056....My big question is should I spend the extra money on the receiver or the speakers? (debating between the Aerial6 and B&W CM4...both recommeded by my advisor)...any help would be appreciated
  • Lin
    • Feb 2004

Just to give you a sense...thinking of spending 10K on a new system....time to upgrade everything....so another way to phrase the question:
    I know I want Rotel....but should I spend 13% or 22% of my budget on the receiver?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Spend the most on the speakers...you'll own them much longer then any electronics connected to them and it would be very easy to add a power amp to the 1056 later on if more power was needed.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Absolutely speakers first. Like Andrew said you can always add more power later.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

I concur, you should spend the money on speakers first, they are the essential element. Can you imagine buying top notch equipment, i.e. Pre/Pro, Amps, etc., and then powering some Bose speakers with it :LOL: .

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Lin
            • Feb 2004

ok....Rotel 1056 it is...that is easy....

Any comments on the speakers...looking at the B&W CM4 or Aerial 6...looking to spend 1.5-4K for the pair....any other recommendations would be appreciated

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Well especially if that CA stands for Canada and not California, besides the brands you mentioned I'd recommend having a listen to the Energy Connoisseur or Energy Veritas.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
              Jason

Comment

• gostan
                • May 2003

Speakers first. Receiver second. I upgraded my old B&W 600's to CDM7's, CDM 1's, etc. What a difference a speaker makes. My upgrade from a rsx-1055 to a 1098-1075 was certainly dramatic and better sounding, but the speakers are the most bang for the buck.
                Stan

Comment

• Tarbaby
                  • Feb 2004

Lin,

You should definately give the B&W cdm7nt a listen before making your speaker choice. When I bought my 7nt, I compare it to the CM4 and the 7nt was better in every aspect. The most notable difference was the soundstage, the tweeter on top makes a big difference. You could probaly get it for the same price as the CM4 now that it has been replaced by the 700 series. I consider the cdm-nt line to be better than the new 700 series that replaces it, cdm-nt uses better driver. The 700 serie driver looks exactly the same as the 600.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"