X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malcky
    • Jun 2004

1068 video conversion question.

I am now looking to make use of the video switching on the 1068 and wanted to know if there was any limitations to the 1068 in tems of signals it can recieve and send 480i/p,720p,1080i/p etc can it accomodate all these in and then send out?

In my set up i want to use the RGB signal via scart to go to a JS Technologies scart-YUV component converter which will then connect to 1068 by component, and have a progressive component signal (pal & ntsc) from my dvd player to the 1068, and have a s-video connection from my htpc to 1068.

anyone know if the 1068 will cope ok with this.

thanks

here is a link to the rgb - YUV converter i will be using:

• Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

I have component from dvd into component inputs and yes it can cope with prog scan and I believe it can cope with HDTV too... earlier versions of the 1066 could not. It can cope with up to 100khz video signal and think that covers HDTV.

I decided to use S-video from the SKY+ box and optical out as a work around from the SCART RGB / YUV output.

SKY + does not output progscan so did not see it would add that much of a better picture - composite to S-Video already was a big step ... nearly went for the JS convertor as well but I have so many transformers and wires behind my cabinet I could not face another layer.

The 1068 does convert the s-video to a component output anyway for convenient dislpay connections and really picture is pretty good.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• malcky
      • Jun 2004

thanks mate, however i am sending the picture to a sanyo plv z2 projector (92" screen) and wanted the best picture from sky+ which is the RGB option, so i have got the js tech box on loan and will be trying it out tonight to see if its any better than s-video. just wanted to know if anyone else done it or not..

malcky

Comment

• Stevebez
        • Oct 2003

Well from what I have heard - cannot speak from experience though but some people say S-video in some circumstances displays better than RGB scart from SKY+ especially when the source / broadcast is not great quality.

Technically RGB/YUV is the better obviously although I would do a side by side before I would commit to the JS convertor.

The only way to get a really great picture is to get a video scaler - but these are mega bucks ... and for home use seem over the top at least in my view.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"