X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

Need your advise on a Rotel decission.

I ordered from my dealer a 1077 and 1057.

They just informed me they are in and sent me the invoice.
    They ordered by accident a 1067.

They are giving me a hell of a discount on the 1067 (long story) and I'm worried that if I say something I wont be getting the same deal on the 1057.

This is a one time thing... SO

should I just keep the 1067 or should I ask for the 1057 like I originally ordered.

My long term quest is to have the 1068 replacemtn...but I was forced to upgrade. It would really simplify things having the HDMI to use with my projector instead of running a ton of cables to it. and that is why I was getting the 1057.. and using it as a pre to the 1077 and bi-amping the fronts of my 604's LCR600 and dipole surrounds...

Or will I be better of with the 1067?

How would I set it up with conjuction of the 1077 ?
    I need to get an answer to them ASAP...

Thanks everybody.

Nikos
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

I honestly dont know what the difference between the two is, aside from amplifier power. But consider this: you can probably sell the 1067 easier (and for more) than the 1057 later on. And if you're getting a great deal, you probably won't lose hardly anything on the sale.

******EDIT******

Ok, I just re-read your post and saw the HDMI and cabling concerns. If you were upgrading mostly to save hastle with cables, I'd explain that to your dealer and get them to fix the order. No, you won't get the great deal on the 1057, but you'll get what you want.

Unless someone here can tell you there is a significant difference in sound quality, I'd get the 1057 now, and upgrade to the 1098 replacement later on.

Comment

• Boone38
      • Dec 2004

I think you will still have the same flexability with the 1067 as with the 1057. Partly for me you answered your own question on the costs. If you can get the 1067 at a great price, afforded on their mistake, I would take advantage of it.

I doubt very much they will give you a break on the 1057 as this is what you first ordered. Many dealers will honor the original price to place an order for someone.

My vote is for the 1067. :T

Comment

• adrian carreon
        • Mar 2006

I agree with grit & boone38... personally I will choose 1067 and sell it to get some profit on it if you really want the 1057 but if not keep the 1067 anyway you can still improvise the cables to make it neat & clean.

IMHO
        :T

ROTEL rules!!!
        ;x( ;x( ;x(
        Marantz SR8500; RMB-1075 Silver
        Dynaudio Audience 72SE; Audience 122C; Audience 42 & B&W ASW 600
        Samsung DV841; Samsung DLP 50"
        Cobalt Cable Interconnect; Audio Quest & Monster Cable

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"