X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbo2
    • Apr 2006

Rsp-1066 No Zone Or Analog Audio Outs

I am running an optical input to Video1 from a satellite receiver. I have 5 cable outs of 5 channels (RCA audio) outputs going to amp, but need to have additional 2 channel outs to the TV so I can have amp system off for quite viewing. My question is, when I set record and zone outs to Video1, I get no analog output from the Video1 analog out position. Is this because there is already digital inputs at Video1? I tried running analog inputs from satellite to Video1 as well (i.e. in addition the optical), but no analog outputs present at Video1 outs thus TV sound is silent.
    I appreciate your feedback on this.
    Jim
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Record out and zone 2 out can only route analog sources. So you were correct in thinking you will need analog cables in addition to the digital connection.

Now, second part. If you run the analog cables to VIDEO1, you will have to run your output cables from a different output. To avoid feedback loops in tapes/VCRs, any source input will not be available from that source's output. Best bet is to use the tape outputs as the chances of you having a tape player AND needing to send it to the TV are slim.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"