X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radim
    • Feb 2004

rotel - too much treble

Hello rotel funs !

My system is 1066,1075,1072, dvd pioneer, speakers Swans Diva 6.1. I preffer 2 channel music from cd (but HT I like too). The sound is great but one problem exist. Too much treble. The sound is then little adressive in high frequencies. Has anybody this problem too ? Have I apply special speaker cable or signal cable ?

Thanks. Radim.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Radim,

If your system is new, you will need to break-in your equipment for a least two weeks to tame the treble, after this point everything brings to smooth out. Give your system time, and utilize the tone controls in the interim to tame your treble. Initially, I ran my equipment for 48 hours at 75db (much to my wife's dismay) this will expedite the break-in process.

If this doesn't address the issue, you may want to check your cables. Lex (Cat Cables) can provide further information for you, if needed.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• radim
      • Feb 2004

Thanks for your reply.

My system is 2 month old. My speaker is 2 weeks old. I was played every day 6-8 hours. My speakres cables are half year old (ecosse cs4.4 ultra hi).

Reasons are maybe:

1. my cables are incompatible
      2. speakers are not ready yet
      3. my ears are not accustomed to rotel sound (too much treble)
      5. I must use 2-channel amp (1080) for less agressive treble
      6. ???

Thanks

Radim

Comment

• jerohm
        • Oct 2002

more reasonable:

6. your ears are not accustomed to your 2 week old speakers

Comment

• radim
          • Feb 2004

6. o.k. - i'll wait.
          Sound of Swans is very close to B&W (something between 9nt and 804). What are your experiences and feelings in rotel treble presentation ?

5. has 1080 hold on better treble (naturally occuring)?

Thanks. Radim.

Comment

• jerohm
            • Oct 2002

Of course this is only my opinion, but I believe an amplifier can only accentuate or deemphasize a characteristic which is inherent to the speaker in the first place. Klipsch speakers, which some describe as bright, forward, and/or aggressive seem to be tamed by Rotel (and Parasound) electronics. On the other hand, Outlaw and ATI amplifiers tend make this 'attribute' more apparent (again MY OPINION, not a good match). I have no direct experience with Swans, but Rotel with B&Ws seem (TO ME) to provide very acceptable results. If you still have your old speakers, why not try hooking them to the Rotel and listening.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

I would say the speakers need to break in AND your ears need to adjust to your new system

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
              Jason

Comment

• radim
                • Feb 2004

My old speakers were acoustic energy. Their performance were quite different. Less bass and less treble, flatness. (with rotel). Swans are livelier, more accurately,..., and more treble (for me). Perhaps it wants time and listen and listen and...

Radim

Comment

• radim
                  • Feb 2004

On the one hand is present sound of original music (recording in studio) and on the other is sound at home. And that is question what is the correct sound at home. Every talk about one thing but than think about something other. Where is the right.

Comment

• radim
                    • Feb 2004

I tried speakers with my old yamaha stereo system and treble were agressive too. I'm glad problem isn't in rotel. Speakers need time to play balanced.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"