X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmr15
    • Jun 2004

connection question for 1075/1068/speakers

Well I've decided to go for the 1075/1068 combo with dynaudio speakers... can't wait for them to arrive. :lol:

My dealer wanted to sell me cables but I declined. I'd rather get them over the internet.

Could you please tell me what type of connections are used between the 1075 and the 1068? Are then just normal rca to rca connectors? Also for the speaker output from the 1075, do you use a bannana connector?

I tried to get the info of the Rotel site but I cannot get acrobat to work ... I also didn't want to ask the dealer since I'm not buying his cables.

Thanks for the help.

Craig
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yes they're just regular RCA to RCA cables and I highly recomend you check out www.CatCables.com for your cable needs as Doug (owns HTGuide as well) makes a damn fine cable and costs are very reasonable as well:T

I use banana plugs on my speakers where possible as it makes for a nice clean install and limits oxidation to the speaker terminal contacts.

Comment

• pbarata
      • Feb 2003

Depending on your budget for cabling, if you are looking for a cost effective solution I would recommend QED XT-350 or QED XT-400 for your Dynaudio speakers. Also from QED I would suggest the best termination you can get on the market the QED Airloc high performance termination, preferable with 4mm bananas (http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/speaker/airloc.html ).
      Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
      Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• cmr15
        • Jun 2004

Thanks for the responses guys
        I'll check out catcables at their site

Craig

Comment

• nparrotta
          • Jul 2004

Connectors

Hi - was just at a dealer and just quickly glanced at their cables between the 1075 and 1068 - they were tributaries - http://www.customaudioandvideo.com/a...ies/alpha.html

Also avscience.com might have some good prices...hope this helps. I'm also looking at going Rotel 1075 and 1098...a little pricey - also considering Denon and/or Integra....

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Please tell me you were just linking that page, and didn't actually mean that the dealer was running Alpha's to the amp.. Alpha's are throw away cables we keep in our van when the cheap customer doesn't have enough.. We don't even charge for them..

For reference, here's what I use.

7 damn pairs of em.. (if you ever think an EQ for every channel is cool, think about the cables needed!)

Personally I think they are overpriced, but I do get 80% off retail so they were a pretty good deal. Now if they can sell them to dealer employee's for 20% of retail, I think they've got some pretty good margin..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"