• Show
Clear All
  • boxer82003
    • Apr 2006

denon and rmb-1075 combo any thoughts

i want to get a 1075/1068 but cant afford it all at once
    maybe used but not new.

i am thinking of getting the rmb-1075 and using my denon 3805 as a pre amp

any thoughts on this would i notice any difference in sound quality my speakers are

front and rear b&w 602.5 s3 and my center is a LCR60 S3, sub asw650

and eventually get rid of the denon for a rsp-1068

thanks
    Main Linn Ninka
    Center Linn AV5120
    Rear Linn Ninka
    Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
    Amp Rotel RMB-1075
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

It's not too uncommon for folks who have receivers and are thinking of going the individual component route but are on a budget to first get a separate amp and run their receivers through it. Given that the 1068 is on its way out, it's probably wise not to get a new one anyway.

Comment

• cfrizz
      • Apr 2006

Your Denon will do just fine as a preamp until you are ready to upgrade.
      Cathy
      ---------
      Sunfire TGP III, Sunfire Cinema Grande 405wpc 5 channel Amplifier, :B Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Sony PS-454 Turntable, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston 920 Center Channel, Boston PV600 Sub Woofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Comment

• classicman
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by deke
        It's not too uncommon for folks who have receivers and are thinking of going the individual component route but are on a budget to first get a separate amp and run their receivers through it. Given that the 1068 is on its way out, it's probably wise not to get a new one anyway.
        absolutely agree w/ this, i have my RMB-1075 paired w/ my yamaha HTR-5860 receiver while i can't still afford to buy a rotel pre/pro & am definitely satisfied w/ this combo 8)

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

I have a 1075 w/ a Denon 2805 and I did notice an improvement in sound quality after getting the Rotel1075.

Comment

• boxer82003
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
            I have a 1075 w/ a Denon 2805 and I did notice an improvement in sound quality after getting the Rotel1075.
            what was the improvements you noticed the most which areas

are you still happy with the combo
            Main Linn Ninka
            Center Linn AV5120
            Rear Linn Ninka
            Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
            Amp Rotel RMB-1075

Comment

• rattmann316
              • Aug 2005

use the denon for now and upgrade later. by the time you can upgrade you can do a fair comparison of the audio differences between the two setups and feel further justified in the purchase
              RB-1070
              RC-1070
              RCD-1072
              B&W-DM602 s3

Comment

• cmac
                • Dec 2005

1068 on it's way out

Whadda you talking about.??? I may have just got burned by purchasing one 2 weeks ago...

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Unless you could do with out it for another 5-8 months I think you'll be fine. The new model *might* be out then. As soon as even a hint of a replacement comes out people start freaking out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• deke
                    • Dec 2005

I don't have insider knowledge of release date of its successor, but the 1068 is over 2 if not 3 years old and is nearing the end of it's lifecycle. Several threads in this forum have referenced the RSP-1069 which is anticipated to add support for HDMI v1.3 amongst other things. Release date is speculated to be late this year or early next year.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                      • May 2004

I liked the better sound quality at higher levels. I mainly used my system for movies only, so can't really comment on any improved musicality of the performance by adding the 1075. For watching movies at higher volumes, the system sounded cleaner and less compressed during the louder passages of movies. The Denon was just a stepping stone for me to Rotel separates. I am either waiting for a used 1068 or 1069 when it becomes available. At this point, I don't see the point of buying a brand new 1068, when the 1069 should be hitting the market soon.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"