X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiojunky
    • Mar 2006

Digital Inputs

Hello all,

I noticed that while the Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player has digital outputs, the pre-amp RC-1070 don't seem to have digital inputs. The amps don't have digital inputs either.

I'm curious as to why the input devices don't have digital inputs if the source has digital output.

Thanks!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The RC-1070 is an analog based machine, it doesn't have any DACs in it. The analog output of the 1072 will probably sound better, or you can use the digital output to run a better, external DAC.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Hi,

The digital outputs are designed for either a Home Theater Processor / Reciever which will typically otherwise be re-digitising the analogue signal anyway OR for an outboard DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) to do the processing instead of the CD player. For 99% of occassions in a stereo system the CD's DACs are good enough - especially the RC-1072 which sounds supurb over a good stereo.

Geoff

Comment

• audiojunky
        • Mar 2006

That makes sense - thanks for the input.

I guess that explains why the Krell 400Xi Integrated Amp doesn't have digital inputs either.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"