X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pasiparkkila
    • Jan 2004

RSP-976 analog inputs not working

My RSP-976 does not route any of the 2-channel analog inputs to the
    surround outs. I.e. when I connect my DVD player to Video 1 using the analog audio inputs I get no sound regardless of what the input setting for Video 1 is in the menu. When I make the audio connection using one of the digital inputs the audio does get routed to the surround outs.

What is even stranger is that all these analog inputs (Tuner, CD, Tape, Video 1-5) route to zone 2 just fine. Plus the analog signals are also available through all three recording outputs. Digital inputs as well as the 5.1 ch analog bypass work fine.

Is there a way to enable/disable the analog outputs or is the processor likely broken?
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Check the settings of the DVD player in its setup menu. See if you have something shut off.

Comment

• hesky
      • Nov 2006

pasiparkkila, did you ever figure out why you could not get any of the analogue inputs to work?? I’ve just bought an rsp976 and have the same problem!
      Talk about digging up an old thread!

Comment

• DrJazz
        • Apr 2005

As a former 5-year owner of a 976 (I upgraded to a 1068 recently), I am curious as to how exactly you're hooking up the DVD player to the 976. You will only get 5.1 sound if you either use a digital connection from the player to the 976, or if the DVD player has 6 distinct analog audio-out ports that you connect to the 976's 5.1 analog audio inputs. Otherwise, just connecting the regular stereo audio out of the DVD player to the Rotel will only give you Dolby Pro-Logic at best.

Cheers,
        Dr. Jazz

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"