X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starford
    • Aug 2003

Programmable inputs not exactly so

Here's a little gotcha that I didn't quite pick up on when originally reading the specifications on the C1 (proabably applies to C2 as well).

The unit's inputs are programmable, but not fully so. What I mean is, there are some resources as inputs that are assignable and some that are not (that are fixed to a particular source selection). The assignable resources are:
    • Digital inputs (coax and optical)- listed as Coax 1-4 and Optical 1-4, and as Input 1-8 in HaloControl
      Component Video- listed as 1-3 (prob. 1-2 on C2)
      Tone Control Presets- listed as 1-5 or Flat Trims or Off
      Default Surround Mode

That's all. All other resources, like analog inputs and video/s-video inputs, are hard-coded to their associated source.

So, if source 1 (Video 1) is your laserdisc player, then your LD must be cabled to the analog jacks labled Audio 1 and the video jacks labled Video 1 & S-Video 1. You can then assign a digital input and/or component video to that source (and share them among several sources, if needed).

If you, like me, need to have one device act as two different types of sources, you'll need to cable it as such, using two of the C1's source slots. I thought you could re-use an analog or video input in two sources, but not so.

An example: My LD player is actually a LD & DVD. The LD puts out a digital audio signal as RF, that goes through an external converter that puts out PCM. The DVD section of this player puts out PCM directly via coax or optical. Thus, I need to either switch the LD's source on the C1 between two digital inputs, or use two source slots as though two devices were attached. The LD gets cables as a DVD player, with component video and digital coax on one source and as a LD player with s-video, analog audio and a different digital coax on another source.
  • smalone
    • Aug 2003

Good point. I will add that to my wish-list thread.

I would like to be able to have one video source go to all of my inputs and not have to make a jumper cable to route it this way.

For example: Satillite input. I would like it so that no matter what I select on the C2, like CD or Tuner etc... that if I assigned say Video 1 to these other inputs then that is what is displayed, even if it another video connection like DVD, if I assign video one to DVD that that is what I get even if it is the Sat feed.

This way I can have say weather showing up on my video touch panel no matter what source I select on the C2.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"