X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doodleboytoy
    • Jun 2003

Rotel or MF... that is my question :)

Greetings… I need your objective suggestions.

Right now I am choosing between a Rotel RSX 1056 and RB 1090 for my HT/audio system and a Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista.

I have B&W 803N for my fronts, HTM2 for cc and 600 for surrounds.

The reason I am asking is because I reside in the Philippines and the dealer here doesn’t have the 1056 or the 1090 for me to audition so I have to place a down payment to order it. Sucks but that is how life is sometimes. I can get the Tri-Vista used (3 months) for $5000 but I’d have to get another receiver for HT while the rotel combo will cost me approximately $3500. I read good reviews for both the tri-vista and the rotel combo I am wondering how big a difference will the tri-vista make for 2 channel audio?

How about the 1098 vs the 1056 and the 1090 vs. the 1080. I am also considering permutations of those combinations.
  • n3philim
    • Feb 2004

Hi, I'm also from the Philippines. Nice setup with the B&Ws.

I guess for me several questions have to be addressed. Firstly, what's your preference, HT or 2 ch audio? Knowing your mix (i.e. 80/20 audio/HT) might help narrow your choices down. Secondly, what other equipment will you be matching it with (DVD and CDP)?

If you're are pressed for space, the receiver may be perfect. But if you have the money to spend plus the space, why not go for the RSP-1098 with the RMB-1095. Of course, from an objective standpoint, there are also other pre/pros out there that may even sound better than the 1098 in 2 channel mode (but then again of course the jump in price will be a major consideration).

Comment

• doodleboytoy
      • Jun 2003

I will be watching a lot more HT but my priority would be 2 ch audio since i think the improvement of HT is marginal. I have lots of space (just wish i have as much money hahaha).

Do you know how much the 1098 will cost here in Pinas? My problem with a Rotel pre-pro is that i have to spend a lot for additional amps and i read in this forum that Rotel receiver and processor audio quality is almost the same.

Comment

• n3philim
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by doodleboytoy
        Do you know how much the 1098 will cost here in Pinas?
        If I'm not mistaken, the RSP-1098 is going for about P180k. This is actually the best priced brand new pre/pro in town, unless you consider the RSP-1066 which, brand new, is going for P70k I think (the RSP-1068 isn't here yet) ... well, that's if you can still find a brand new unit.

I was pretty much in the same situation you were in. I use my HT a lot but I was more particular with the 2 channel side. I researched a lot and found a lot of options. At the end of the day, I opted for a simpler set-up, just a Rotel pre/pro and Rotel amp for the rears. If you're interested in the other options I had, just email me at kizzibird@yahoo.com. Once you email me I can send you my contact number and we can have a chat so we don't bore the other forum members with our ramblings.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"