X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

How to upgrade from RSX-1055

Hi there, I've been a Rotel fan for 6 years now, but didn't know this forum existed. ;x(

I've got the RSX-1055 for many years now. A 5.1 Hometheater setup with Piegas P4 XL MKIIs, S4 C, P SUB 4, and S4s. Last year I attached an RDV-1060.

I use it for 70% HT and 30% music. And I'm stayiing with the 5.1 setup for another decade :T

Dilemma: :roll:

1) Should I get separates, but keep the RSX-1055? ie get the RMB-1075 as an addition to the 1055.

2) or should I replace the receiver with an RSP-1068, or even 1098, and RMB-1075.

Preferrably, I would like to do option 1, and add something reasonable if possible.

suggestions?
  • Cornchips
    • Nov 2005

Go on your own seperate(s) way...

As a former RSX-1055 and current RSX-1067 user/owner, I can clearly understand where you are coming from.

MY 2 cents is this: If you're happy with 5.1 for HT applications, then don't waste the $$ on a newer processor or HTR:

Get the 2-channel or 5-channel amp and preamp you really, really want for 2 channel use.

Then "settle" on a "best in it's day" 5.1 processor (and a 3 or more channel amp ) (a nice RSP-985 maybe?) This recent equipment is "worthless" on the used market but by no means useless.

Understand this is a "generalization" and may not address the specific or practical needs of most folks. All I know is that I have unused channels in my RSX-1067 and some expensive advanced processing that I've never used.

(Yes the extra amp channels could be redirected, but I've already got amps for Zone 2 & 3 -- in Zone 2 and 3... and they don't have to share a power supply or transformer with my main system amps -- the first 5 channels in the RSX-1067.)

Hope that helps...

--ksr
    Don't touch that wire...
    The touching story of one man and several amplifiers.

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"