Can anyone verify if the 1068 has Dolby Pro Logic IIx
  • wlowney
    • Jan 2004

Never mind......verified with a dealer who has one in stock

NO DP IIx

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Uhhh ... are you sure you are talking about the 1068? Don't you mean the 1066? Is the 1068 already for sale?

Besides that, could you please not open a new 1068 topic for each question you have. You have now already opened 3 threads about it and you can simply post your questing in your previous topics

Here
      And here

Comment

• wlowney
        • Jan 2004

Not mistaken

the 1068 is availbable now
        No DP IIx though

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

hmm... not very smart of Rotel then to release a product now without it.

Comment

• SayersWeb
            • Dec 2002

This site claims it does -

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page
            Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

• Ossi
              • Jul 2003

It does not it does not have DLPIIx only because the logo is not on the face plate.
              You need to get back to the dealer and check with the setup as Rotel clearly sad it will have DPLIIx. That might have been added by software after the faceplates where produced.
              However if it really should not have DPLIIx then Rotel would have screwed up big, big time. I do not think they can afford this. Most humbling anyway: no Firewire input for SACD and DVD-A.
              Now even new receivers for 1200$ have all this and more (Denon 3805).
              But anyway, one could still argue about sound quality.

Comment

• wlowney
                • Jan 2004

DPL IIx not on 1068

Rotel was not happy with the way it was performing so they did not include it on the initial shipments of the processor.
                The plan is that when they get the bugs out, they will offer it as a free download from the web.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2003

Yep,

I'd heard the same thing (very informally you understand) in relation to the RSP-1098 code. My "impression" is that Rotel even held back shipping / web announcing the RSP-1068 hoping for / wanting a fix for the IIx code (XS processing sounded better which definetely shouldn't be the case!). However with no 1066's in the USA a decision was taken to ship the RSP-1068 and get the code out for the RSP-1068 and RSP-1098 ASAP once Rotel were entirely happy. (And Rotel's XS processing is very very good at 7 channel as is )

However it's a pity Rotel aren't a little more public with the position on the Web site etc – but I would “expect” the web site to contain the RSP-1068 soon and manuals and the dealers to be quietly told to sell the RSP-1068 with a promise of the free downloadable upgrade as soon as Rotel are happy.

Time will tell I’m sure

Geoff Costello

Comment

• triDave
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
                    Yep,
                    However it's a pity Rotel aren't a little more public with the position on the Web site etc – but I would “expect” the web site to contain the RSP-1068 soon and manuals and the dealers to be quietly told to sell the RSP-1068 with a promise of the free downloadable upgrade as soon as Rotel are happy.
                    Well If they choose to deliver the IIx as a downloadable upgrade, they will create a lot of "bad will" if they doesn't make that upgrade for RSP-1098 users at the same time. I would have been quite angry if I was an 1098 users and wanted IIx and see 1068 users get an upgrade before me.

Luckly I'm waiting for a 1068 and will not use IIx at all, just wanted to add my two cents... You can also find out more aboutt his on avsforum:

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2003

TriDave,

I agree it would be a real problem if Rotel offered the DPL IIx code for the 1068 and not the 1098. However I understand that the RSP-1098 code is delayed for the same reason as the 1068 (It's basically the same code) So it would be a fair bet that they arrive really close to each other.

For those that are interested, Rotel have just updated their Web site HERE to remove the DPL IIx from the 1067 reciever specs as well...

Someone in Rotel Tech must be hurting I'd guess.....

Still - I'm happy to wait a few weeks until they get DPL IIx just right as the RSP-1098 sound just keeps making me smile.

Geoff Costello

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Geoff you never cease to amaze me with your inside scoups

Comment

• tke743
                          • Feb 2004

Just got mine. DPL IIx is all over the manual.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"