1068 Q's: BM, DPL IIx, any problems, ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin C Brown
    • Jun 2002

1068 Q's: BM, DPL IIx, any problems, ...

I'm looking at this guy. But I wasn't clear if it had true individual crossovers? I.e., can I set different crossover settings for center, front L & R, surrounds, and rear speakers? (The low pass filter freq for each channel is the same as the high pass? But different for different channels?)

Is it shipping with DPL IIx? If not, any timeframe for that?

Any big or small problems? (I saw the one about the noise/hum and video inputs, but I don't use my pre/pro for video anyway.) Any complaints, praise about the remote?

How long exactly has it been shipping? (After getting burned a few times, I always like to wait a few months after something's been introduced to make sure it's more or less "robust.")

Oh yeah, where manufactured? Japan, Taiwan, China?

Thanks!
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

It does allow you to set seperate crossovers etc. For more info on the features/functions of the 1068, check out the online Instruction Manual:
    Taking a page from Rotel’s flagship, the RSP-1098, the RSP-1068 Surround Sound Processor/Preamplifier combines flexibility, superior performance, and easy operation.

If you get a new unit ordered in, it should have DPLIIx. Confirm with your dealer that he can get you a newer one with it for you.

The only real complaint I've heard about was a few early units having a hum issue which has apparently been corrected. Other than the whole DPLIIx thing anyways. Otherwise most everyone seems pretty darned happy

I believe it started shipping mid-February if my memory serves me correctly. (Which it might not :roll: )

I think they're manufactured in Rotels plant in China (It was China wasn't it...? There goes that memory again :LOL: )

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin C Brown
      • Jun 2002

Cool. I did find the crossover info in the advanced part of the speaker setup.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"