X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bboplive
    • Mar 2006

RX-1052 Used for Multi-room A/V?

The Rotel RX-1052 can serve as the centerpiece of a four-room A/V system. Anyone using it in such a multi-room setup?

If so, what amplifier or other receiver have you paired it with?

I would also be interested in hearing about the other equipment used in a multi-room situation, such as the requisite IR repeater equipment, whether you needed to hire a custom installer to make it all work. Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Works great. We usually pair it up with a RMB-1066 for the rest of the outputs. As far as the IR repeaters, all you would need is two wires for each zone and any Xantech style IR receiver. If your comfortable running wires around the house, the setup isn't hard enough to warrant a custom installer.

Rotel also has the keypad system that works with the 1052 as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bboplive
      • Mar 2006

Thanks for the response. Would the Russound IR receivers and keypads work as well as the Xantech with this setup? I was looking at these ...

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Yup, pretty much any IR receiver or any IR learning keypad can work. If you want to go beyond just adding stand alone IR receivers or using the Rotel keypads I would advise pulling in a custom installer. When you start adding 'universal' keypads into the mix it can get real fun making it all work.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bboplive
          • Mar 2006

Would an amplifier upgrade to the RMB-1075 work as well in this setup? I see that it has 5 x 120 watts vs. the RMB-1066's 6 x 60 watts.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"