X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cotrel
    • Feb 2004

RSX 1055 or RSP 1066

Am going to replace my RSP 980. Can't decide to go with RSP 1066 or the RSX 1055.
    I'm leaning toward the 1066 since I have a RB1070 and a 956AX for power. Can anyone lend some advice here and also tell me which will have the best sound for music...
  • Eiffel
    • Aug 2003

The RSX-1055 has a few advantages: an integrated tuner, a way to power up to 5 channels (including center rears), it is cheaper and is also likely to be easier to resell (may keep its value better).

On the other hand, the RSP-1066 is said to sound *slightly* better.

It all depends on how much you value each of these features (you may also want to look into the successors of these products, as they add features which you may want to have)... I don't think there is an overall winner

Eiffel

Comment

• Cotrel
      • Feb 2004

Eiffel, thanks for your feedback. I've been reading as much as I can on the 1055 and most is positive. I have a chance to get one at a great price. Do you know if any of the 1055 channels can be bridged? Thanks again..Jack

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

What it came down to for me was priorities. I have no real need or desire for the extra channels of amplification and I never listen to radio at home so I had no need for a tuner. As such I decided my money would be better spent on the 1066's better, although only slighty, sonics. You're mileage may vary. You just have to decide what you're priorities are.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• shadow
          • Dec 2003

Keep in mind that when people say one component is "slightly better" sounding than another, it is highly likely you would hear no difference with matched levels and the same amplification. Go for the 1055. Same sound quality more features and less money.

Comment

• Cotrel
            • Feb 2004

Thanks everyone for your advise..I am now the proud new papa of a RSX 1055......JC

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Congrat's and IMO you made a fine choice:T

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"