X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBungle
    • Feb 2004

RSX-1055 - help with speaker level default

Hey guys! Everytime I put a new dvd in or change the sound format, ie EX, DST etc.. the rotel defaults back to original speaker level settings. So everytime I put a new dvd in I have to change the levels to how I like them. In the manual I read that I can set a user default. Great I thought. Well that's great but it only keeps the center and rear surround defaults. Front and sub levels change. It's weird and ANNOYING. Any suggestions appreciated. I have not updated firmware, the current version is 2.2.3-02 1021. I bought my 1055 from a dealer 3 days ago, it was the floor unit. I am very new to HT so even the most apparent suggestions are welcomed.
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Welcome to the club.

Do a factory reset and see if it fixes the problem (it is in the same setup menu as the user reset). You will have to setup the speakers again after the factory reset. It is not a bad idea to do a firmware update as well. Your dealer should be able to do the firmware update for you if you can not do it yourself.

If these 2 suggestions don't cure the problem, contact the dealer you bought the unit from and have them check it out.

Thanks,
    Maziar

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Are you setting those values on-the-fly (i.e. manual adjustments directly through the remote during playing) or did you set them in the speaker configuration?

You have to setup the values through proper calibration. This uses a noise signal and you measure values and make sure its all set to the same level. This is done through the speaker level setup in the setup menu. Besides that you have to setup the speaker distances there too and offcourse your speaker configuration.

Then during playing you can manually adjust them a bit if needed, but those settings are indeed lost when changing source or dvd, etc.

I've never heard that the settings in your speaker setup are lost by changing dvd, so I strongly suspect you use the on-the-fly settings now.

Comment

• mazuly
        • Feb 2003

doh, why didn't I think of that one ops:

Maziar

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"