RMB-1075/RB-1080 or RMB-1095 with B&W 804S?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mat
    • Mar 2006

RMB-1075/RB-1080 or RMB-1095 with B&W 804S?

Hi,

I'm new to the forums but have been reading for a long time . Well, finally I will order next week a pair of b&w 804S and a HTM3S. I'm keeping my old DM580 for rears and most probably will upgrade them for a pair of 805s in the future.

I'm trying to decide the electronics to use with this combo, I'll be using it for 60% movies 40% music (more or less). I would like to keep my HK AVR635 to use it as a pre/pro (maybe I will upgrade to 1068 ) and I'm thinking on one of the following options:

a) I can buy now from a friend a rmb-1075, purchase later a rb-1080 for the front speakers and have rmb-1075 feeding the center (maybe bi-amping?) and rears. Also this way I have a 7.1 option.

b) Go for the rmb-1095. (would have more sense to have matched wattage to all the speakers?)

Both options are more or less the same cost so it's just to decide which one will be better. Maybe the first option is a little more confortable as I can do it more gradually, but it's not a big factor. It's really difficult for me to make a decission so all your comments will be very much appreciated. Which way would you go?.

Thanks in advance!
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

Hi
    Welcome !
    I can only share my experience with the 1095 driving my HTM3s - it does a great job. I think that the 1075 may be a little underpowered for this speaker especially in higher ( real higher ) volumes.

Working with one 5.1channel amp. may also take less space and make your setup look "cleaner" ( unless you wanted to have 7.1 to begin with?)
    If I had to vote on your options, I would go for option "b".
    Good luck
    Eliav
    :T Socrat

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

I'd go with the 1095 to start. If you really want to go 7.1 in the future, I would then upgrade to a better 2ch amp for the 804S and then you'd have the entire 1095 free for the center and surrounds.
      Danish

Comment

• mat
        • Mar 2006

Thanks for your answers, that changes a bit my first option (I was leaning to option a :roll: but I'm also concerned about the 1075 driving the HTM3s. I'm not planing 7.1 for the near future so that's not any inconvenience for now.

dyazdani, I suppose next upgrade for fronts (when I go 7.1) could be adding a rb-1090? rb-1080? or which one would you recommend?.

Comment

• Kobus
          • Aug 2005

Being in a similar situation I would 100% go for 1077.

Kobus

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

Agree with Kobus - RMB-1007. I have the RG-1092 and each day I am amazed at the ICEpower technology emplored in the design. 100w/ch is probably more like 140w/ch.

Comment

• mat
              • Mar 2006

That's another interesting option. I think I need to read more about the 1077, at the begining it wasn't in my list because the 100w/ch and didn't pay much attention to it. But hearing how the people here like it and after read a few very good posts, I think I should consider it as an option instead of 1095. Also it will add 2 more channel for 7.1... hmm if this 'thin' thing can handle with great perfomance the 800 series sounds like a fantastic option to me.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"