X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Henk
    • Jun 2003

Upgrading RMB1075

I currently have the Rotel RMB1075 and wish to upgrade. My choices are (1) keep the 1075 and buy a Rotel RB1080 for my fronts (Paradigm Studio 60s) , or (2) trade in the 1075 on a RMB1095. Suggestions on the better option will be trule appreciated. I listen mostly to classical music (really).
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

The RMB-1075 with a RB-1080 to run your main speakers is an excellent option.That is what I have and am very pleased with it.That combo should work great with the speakers you have.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Henk,

IMHO, I would retain the 1075 and go for the 1080 to drive the fronts for dedicated stereo. I currently own the 1095, and will purchase the 1080 down the road for dedicated stereo duties.

You can probably ask your dealer for a demo to try for a few days, but using the 1080 is certainly much more economical than your second option, as long as you are happy with the 1075.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Nicholas Renter
        • Jun 2002

Why do you want to upgrade? What is it about your system that you don't like? What are your other components? Do you listen to analog or digital (primarily)? What cables do you use? How long are your runs? What is your budget?

It's never as simple as it seems.

Comment

• gd
          • Jan 2003

And . . . what are your multi-channel preferences, if any?
          greg (gd to you)
          Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
          production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• LEVESQUE
            • Oct 2002

I have the RMB-1095 and just bought a Bryston 4BSST for my Studio-100 in front. Wow! Those Studio-100 are singing!

Keep the RMB-1075 and buy the 1080 for the front.
            To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Scarp
              • Mar 2003

Using only 3 connection to your RMB1075 could also improve the power output to those three connections. The tranformer en powerunit have less speakers to power, so lessens their burden
              Also it leaves you with an opportunity for upgrading to 7.1 or you can try bi-ampen your surrounds

Comment

• Henk
                • Jun 2003

I listen mostly digital. Stereo mode for music is preferred. What troubles me presently is that in stereo mode the sound is rather "thin", as if the amp is not fully filling the speakers with sound. It is improved if I turn up the volume, but I would prefer quality sound at lower volume settings (around 50 on the processor). I get better results in DPL2 music mode but then I set the Dimension setting and sound levels to just about totally silencing the rears. (Btw, my system includes a Servo 15 sub.)

My interconnects are the "out of the box" type (goldplated). I read a lot about cabling and remain unconvinced that expensive cables (approx US$200 is what my dealer suggested) will contribute significantly to quality output. I don't want to open a debate on the issue (its not a Rotel matter); suffice to say that there appears to be lots of different opinions in this regard.

Many thanks to all for the inputs thus far. Truly appreciated.

Comment

• sounddog
                  • Feb 2003

As you say it's not really a Rotel issue ... but I found replacing the "out-of-the-box" interconnects with even budget ones (£20 - £30 GBP) brought a big improvement to detail. Can you get some cables to test ... in the UK there are some shops that will let you borrow a few different priced cables to compare in your own home for a small deposit.

BTW ... I just replaced bi-amped 1075 for the front with a 991 ... unfortunately I've also had to send the 1066 back and have just sold my front speakers ... but with a budget source into the amp ... they sounded good.

Vikki

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"