X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agostino
    • Feb 2006

Rotel New 06 Series

Hi all Rotel fans,

I just came across on the web the new 06 series which replaces the 02 series. What Hifi have also announced the new range! Rotel are going from strength to strength!!

The 06 series is not yet on the official Rotel site but take a look at the below link and it takes to you a Rotel site showing the 06 series and offering the brochure for download.

Very keen now to understand whether the 10 series will gain a similiar update this year? The 06 series cd player now using Burr--Brown 24-Bit 96 kHz sampling 8 times over-sampling DAC?

Cheers

Agostino
  • 2bluechris
    • Oct 2005

If update 10 Series ...

Well , if Rotel update or replace the 10 series I hope they will add a simple non-remote control version of their 1062 integrated amp. design . Call it a 1061 or what-ever , I simply want to buy a basic optimized for audio quality amplifier with no electronic switching nor any other gimmicks , such as Rotel had years ago with their BX series amplifiers that unfortunately I didn't have the money to buy then . So here's hoping one of their product people reads posts on this site and sufficient audio enthusiasts present their case . Happy listening everyone , Chris .

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

Weird ... seems too closely styled to the 02 series...

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Weird site.. A lot of the stuff on it is old and outdated, yet it would take someone a lot of time to recreate Rotel's entire site.. Like the CD player listed is the 1070, not the 1072...

Kevin D.

Comment

• mike c
          • Dec 2005

the site also doesn't list the 1091 1092 class d amps (a product older than this supposed 06 series) -> probably took a long time to rebuild the rotel site and was overtaken by a new product release

Comment

• Agostino
            • Feb 2006

What HiFi article re Rotel O6 Series announcement

All,

In case your interested in more detail, please find the below What Hifi announcement and url link provided.

So I would appreciate any news or updates if we will expect a similiar model update announcement in 2006 for the 10 series?

22 March 2006

Rotel is keeping the faith with two-channel audio, replacing its acclaimed 02 Series of components with an all-new line-up. The 06 Series extends Rotel's Balanced Design Concept, which aims to optimise every part of the electrical chain, replaces fuses in all the amplifiers with full loudspeaker protection, moves the CD player up to full 24-bit resolution and adds DAB reception to the tuner.

There are three amplifiers in the line-up: the £499 2x70W RA-06 and £349 2x40w RA-05 both offer full remote control, while the RA-04, also delivering 2x40W, is the £249 entry-level model. All three models have a moving magnet phono input, four line-ins, a front-panel 3.5mm socket for the connection of a portable media player and bypassable tone controls. Preamp-level outputs are available for biamplification with the 70W per channel RB-06 power amplifier, which costs £299 and can also be bridged to create a 180w mono amp.

If you'd prefer to go for a separate preamplifier and power amp, perhaps using multiple RB-06s for a dual-mono system or for biamping, the £299 RC-06 preamp offers all the connectivity of the integrated amplifiers, and also has remote control.

The RCD-06 CD player, at £349, uses an overscanning CD mechanism for accurate disc-reading, feeding 24-bit/96kHz delta-sigma conversion from Burr-Brown. Completing the range is the RT-06 DAB/FM RDS/AM tuner, which uses separate analogue output stages for DAB and FM/AM, and has 30 presets and remote control. It costs £399.

All the new products use short signal path topology, high-quality power supplies and selected components, chosen in the usual Rotel way: by listening. Available in black or silver, they also have 12V trigger connections.

Andrew Everard

Comment

• dmdgo
              • Mar 2006

I have a question. How did you come accross this 06 series information? It is not public as of yet. I'm just curious.

Rotel web developer.

Comment

• jim777
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by dmdgo
                I have a question. How did you come accross this 06 series information? It is not public as of yet. I'm just curious.

Rotel web developer.
                Looks pretty much "public" on WhatHiFi.com

Comment

• audiojunky
                  • Mar 2006

Hi - I'm new to this forum and was looking to purchase some Rotel products. I just spoke to someone directly from Rotel and they said that they're planning to come up with a new DVD player and new amps, but no new CD player or other products (as mentioned on the website).

I am planning to purchase new Rotel gear but if Rotel is indeed coming out with new stuff, I will have to be patient.

Comment

• bulitnv
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by dmdgo

Rotel web developer.
                    Sounds like someone at Rotel has loose lips..........

Comment

• Agostino
                      • Feb 2006

O6 Series "Officially" released on Rotel website

All,

Just a quick update, 06 series has been officially announced via Rotel Global website.

Cheers

Agostino

Comment

• chrispy35
                        • Feb 2004

Just new packaging?

RB-06 == RB-1050 by the specs, just different packaging. Is the same true for the some of the other 06 series components?

Chris P.

Comment

• Agostino
                          • Feb 2006

Sure I can see what you mean. Firstly, it seems the RB 06 can be bridged to 180 watts while the RB 1050 is not bridgeable. They do seem close via spec sheet but my guess they have had minor internal tweaks and the RB 06 is more related to it's prior model of the RB 02. The main model standout with an upgrade in the 06 series is the RCD 06 cd player which now uses Burr--Brown 24-Bit 96 kHz sampling 8 times over-sampling DAC versus the old model RCD 02 and RCD 1072 Burr Brown 1732 D/A converter with HDCD.

Regards

Agostino

Comment

• eelco74
                            • Dec 2002

Agostino,

Don't forget the DAB tuner, since this is becoming a standard in Europe...
                            Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                            Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                            Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• mike c
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mike c
                              the site also doesn't list the 1091 1092 class d amps (a product older than this supposed 06 series) -> probably took a long time to rebuild the rotel site and was overtaken by a new product release
                              I was wrong about the "not official" rotel part, but was right that the class D amps disappeared from the "european" rotel product range. you can still see the class D in the "north america" site.

Comment

• bigburner
                                Super Senior Member
                                • May 2005

Originally posted by bulitnv
                                Sounds like someone at Rotel has loose lips..........
                                Loose lips sink ships...
                                Attached Files

Comment

• sirbogey
                                  • Mar 2006

Based on my experience, Rotel officials say what they wanna say. When I bought my receiver back then, I was looking for a receiver that I could use in Europe and the US (110 and 220-230 Volt). Rotel confirmed through email that they don't manufacture products like this. The same week, my Rotel sales guy confirmed that the RSX-1055 can be used on all continents without any power-conversions and even gave me the blackprints with instructions from Rotel :huh: and showed me which button's/jumpers to set when I leave Europe.... My best guess is, all their receivers and processors are made like this :B

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"