X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcampbell
    • May 2009

Help with RR 1061

So, I recently purchased a rsp 1069 and it came with the new rr 1061 remote. I love the processor and the remote is excellent as well but I have been having an annoying problem with it. When my room is completely dark except for the tv or my projector with a movie on the remote will not function. I think the remote senses that it is in a dark room and will not operate. I either have to shine the back light from my phone on the remote or hit the light button non stop for about 30 seconds for the remote to turn on and start to work. I am not quite sure why they would set the remote to require light on it to be able to work.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem or has had this problem your advice would be greatly appreciated. Obviously using my phones light will work but it is a bit annoying and would be much better if it would just work on its own.

Thanks so much, I have read quite a bit on these forums but just joined, so thanks in advance for your help.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

This isn't the way its supposed to work! There's a light sensor in there, but its supposed to control the key back lighting (ie, on in the dark). You could try resetting it somehow, or replacing it.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Pitou5
      • Mar 2006

bcampbell,

I had the exact same problem and Rotel did swap it for a new one that doesn't rely on the light sensor. When you need the backlight, you have to press the side light button.

I much prefer this behavior.

You have to contact Rotel.

See my post in this thread (it's the 2nd post)

Pitou!

Comment

• bcampbell
        • May 2009

Pitou,

Thanks for the response, so to get your new remote did you contact the dealer or Rotel directly? I tried to email them last night and I think their server is down because other people are having issues contacting them as well.

Thanks for the two responses guys I appreciate it.

Comment

• Pitou5
          • Mar 2006

bcampbell,

Check your PM.

Pitou!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"