X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

RB-1070 repair

This is the email I got from Rotel about my RB-1070 repair:

Here is what was tested and replaced on your unit.

REPLACED 2 OPEN FUSES (F602 & F604). CHECKED THD @ FULL POWER. CHECKED/ADJUSTED BIAS LEVELS. CHECKED BRIDGED MONO OPERATION. CHECKED 12 VOLT TRIGGER CIRCUIT IN & OUT

Andrew Shaw
    Asst. Service Manager
    Rotel / B&W Service
    Ashaw@bwgroupusa.com
    tel. 1-800-370-3741x229
    fax 1-800-681-0673

At least it was just fuses and nothing major. All under warranty. I do have to pay for shipping though - $48. I now have a back-up for my RB-1092.
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Any chance you might a/b these amps? Woukd be interesting?

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

That is my plan this weekend. Unfortuantely my pre does not have a balance on it so I will just have to hook each up independantly.

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

Looking forward to your impressions. Don't remember which pre you have. Only thing you need to do to get a good a/b is make sure you level match as closely as possible.

Comment

• miner
          • Mar 2005

My pre was RC-1070, now RC-1090. The RC1070 & RB-1070 will be relagated to Bedroom dutry. To get a level match will I need a SPL meter?

Comment

• gianni
            • Nov 2002

You could use an SPL meter or measure the voltage at the speaker. If you use an SPL meter, it would probably be easier by using a test tone of some sort, perhaps a warble tone such as those found on many test CD's.

If a test CD is not available you could use music - just find a slower passage, preferably with a solo insrument and measure both amps at exactly the same point in the recording. Use the 'slow' setting - it's much easier to read. Try to match them within 1/2 a db or less.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"