X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildmda
    • Jan 2009

Diagnose and Repair ASW855 Subwoofer

I have an ASW855 Subwoofer. It does not turn on. I checked the fuses and they seem to test fine. Can someone help me please:

1). diagnosing the problem?
    2). tell me where I can find parts for this subwoofer?

B&W no longer sells parts for the subwoofer. Is there a place to go for these parts?

Thank you
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Did you test the fuses with a multimeter? They can fail and not "look" blown visually. There may be an additional fuse or two on the plate amp board.

If it's not the fuses, or if replacements blow as well, the easiest fix would be to replace the 1000W class D plate amp. They may turn up on eBay, or buy another used sub.

A 3rd party amp may fit and be easier to find than a real B&W one. Parts Express has the Dayton SPA1000 for example.

Another option is to find an electronics repair shop, and take the amp (or the entire sub) there. They may be able to find and fix the problem. It's probably the power supply.

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

Yeah if you can't replace it with like for like parts, a third party plate amp could work or you could plate the hole up and use an external amplifier. Depends on what functionality you need as to what you could do. I.e. if you don't need the crossover etc then you could use any amp of sufficient power and quality. That would be easier IMO that finding a plate amp if they are not of a standard size.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"