X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

How well built is the RSX-1056?

I recently had my NAD receiver (T742) crap out on me at just a few months after the warranty expired (the processor-portion failed). Anyways, I've always had a few annoyances with the NAD that would appear to be quite common judging from discussions held on another forum.

Specifically my unit tended to emit a pop whenever it switched to Dolby Digital or DTS. It also emitted a hiss at even moderate levels.

Sorry for the long intro I just wanted to get my perpective out there.

How is the RSX-1056 in terms of hiss, pop and hum?

Thanks in advance
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

The 1056 had issues wih hum/ hiss/ popping on the earlier versions. My first unit had this problem right out of the box. My dealer replaced it the next day with a newer version and I have had absolutley no issues whatsoever with the unit and it has been 14 months now. I hope it stays that way because I really enjoy the sound.
    However, I would not go so far as to say tha some units do not still have these issues - maybe I am wrong because I haven't heard to many complaints lately.

Comment

• Vicente
      • May 2004

I have mine since April 2004 and had no problems at all with this fabulous receiver.

No hiss, only good music and awesome sound for films, but be aware that there will be a modification of this unit in a short time (RSX-1057). It is said that will add some HDMI ins and outs and this connection is very interesting with the new plasmas and DVD players (apart from the new blue ray and HDDVD's).

Comment

• drsiebling
        • Jan 2006

I've owned a 1056 for about 2 months now. It really is a fabulous receiver that hasn't given me even the slightest problem. No pops, clicks or hiss and all around exceptional performance. It also looks great...

-B

Comment

• shades
          • Mar 2005

Yeah the 1056 had some problems, but if you had a good dealer they took care of it no problems asked. I however had my 1056 with no problems and it's still an awesome receiver. I'm going to keep it until the new units come out with HDMI.
          B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• shades
            • Mar 2005

Off topic.

drsiebling,
            I noticed you had a pioneer elite plasma. How do you like it??

Comment

• drsiebling
              • Jan 2006

I noticed you had a pioneer elite plasma. How do you like it??
              I love it... it really does have a remarkable picture. I upgraded to it from an ISF Certified Mitsubishi Diamond RPTV about 2 weeks ago. I should be nearing the 200 hour mark this week and will effectively be out of "break-in". The colors are remarkable, black levels are great and the picture quality is stunning. Not even a trace of image retention. I almost bought a fujitsu and even had a chance to audition it in my home for a week. The Pioneer Elite blows it away. The Elite is cheaper too!

Are you thinking of picking one up?

-Ben

Comment

• shades
                • Mar 2005

I was looking at that model now for the past 3 months and i can't find any other tv IMO that beats the PQ in it's price range. I know exactly what your talking about. Everytime i go to see my audio dealer i see the beatiful elite staring at me saying, take me home with you. lol

Comment

• drsiebling
                  • Jan 2006

was looking at that model now for the past 3 months and i can't find any other tv IMO that beats the PQ in it's price range. I know exactly what your talking about. Everytime i go to see my audio dealer i see the beatiful elite staring at me saying, take me home with you. lol
                  I almost bought a NEC plasma... the Elite is just so much better though. Well, if you do pick one up, let me know. I have some break-in settings for you!

-B

Comment

• shades
                    • Mar 2005

Thx drsiebling, I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"