X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyCh
    • Nov 2005

Rotel RSX1056 Hiss?

I'm in the looking mode and have seen more than one review about hiss at various levels with the RSX1056. This unit looks very technically appealing, but I'd like to get some feedback. Thanks.
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

IIRC GregoriusM here returned 3 of them due to the hiss. He's been in Marantz bliss ever since.

Comment

• TommyCh
      • Nov 2005

Thanks for the info. That's too bad because the hiss is probably a deal-breaker.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

There's been some problems with hiss in some units, particularly the first-run units. Basically if you narrow it down to your top choice, all you can do is arrange for full credit on another unit with your dealer if you happen to be one of the small percentage of people who get a bad one.

FWIW I've had a 1066/1075 for a couple years that have been completely trouble free as have many other people with various Rotel gear :T
        Jason

Comment

• TommyCh
          • Nov 2005

Thanks. I did run across that message. Some of the negative reviews are fairly recent. Have been hearing a lot of positive groundswell for Marantz. A dealer I've been in contact with is pushing the Sony STR-DA3100ES and also Integra, although I have heard about 50-50 good and bad about Integra/Onkyo.

Comment

• Kens1
            • Mar 2005

My first unit had the static pop issue which was also a first run thing. I had it replaced the second day I had it and the second unit has been rock solid. I am enjoying this receiver's sound more than any other receiver I have ever owned and that's been a few.
            Listening will help you decide what sounds best to you.

Comment

• Shane Martin
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2001

Onkyos way overrate their specs and they are fairly out of date in terms of what they offer spec wise.

The ES is a solid piece I hear. My ES is going on 5 years w/o a lick of issues. Marantz is good but they will get newer models coming next year so I'd wait if you are intrigued.

The Denon 3806 is nice as well. It has the Audyssey MultiEQxt which is unbelievable for what it will do to your room in correcting the issues present.

Given CES is the first week in January, I'd wait until then to make up your mind because atleast you will know what is coming.

Comment

• rick c
                • Aug 2004

FWIW, i had a rsx1056 with the his/pop issues.I went to the dealer who wasnt even aware of the issues,rotel was contacted and confirmed the issues.I got a new unit and have been trouble free ever since.They will exchange your unit for a new,atleast that was my experience.The rotel is a great receiver IMHO.

Comment

• TommyCh
                  • Nov 2005

Thanks for all the input. I had an inkling Rotel would have ironed out the problem as the production run continued. I was just questioning my odds of getting a bad one and it now seems low. Glad I found this forum.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"