• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuckyLuke
    • Jun 2005

C1 display

Hello,

Is there a button on the big remote to turn the lcd display complete off,
    like the button "main" on the front of the C1?
    I've allready updated the firmware on the C1 + remote

tnx
  • Chetk
    • May 2004

I asked Richard (Parasound Pres) that same question and, as it turns out, the answer is "no".

Sucks, because I have to reset that every time the power goes out.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Hi, Luckyluke, and welcome to Club Parasound and the Guide! :banana:

Not sure which of two questions you're asking:
      - Is there a button on the remote to turn the C1 LCD screen off? or,
      - Is there a button on the remote to turn the remote control LCD screen off?

The answer is "no" to either question, but I suspect you're asking about the C1 LCD screen. I don't find that to be a very big deal, as it's a feature very rarely used, so the "Main" button on the C1 is fine for me.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chetk
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
        Hi, Luckyluke, and welcome to Club Parasound and the Guide! :banana:

Not sure which of two questions you're asking:
        - Is there a button on the remote to turn the C1 LCD screen off? or,
        - Is there a button on the remote to turn the remote control LCD screen off?

The answer is "no" to either question, but I suspect you're asking about the C1 LCD screen. I don't find that to be a very big deal, as it's a feature very rarely used, so the "Main" button on the C1 is fine for me.
        I have to disagree with that Chris. I use the feature pretty often. The "Main" button cycles through three modes, "text only", "text overlayed over the video signal" and "off". I like leaving it on "text only", but if the power gets shut off (for whatever reason), it defaults back to text overlayed over video. Which make the text DIFFICULT to read. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Wow, okay. Do you lose power very often? I only lose power to my C1 maybe an average of once every 2-3 months, usually for a power outage. There's a couple settings for me to reset when it happens, but nothing too bothersome.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• misterdoggy
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

I live in France and they are always working on the roads improving everything. I think it has to do with keeping everyone working all the time. Recently they cut the power a lot while working down the street. Its a small bother about the LCD, but I think the point is not; "accepting" that its not a bother, but pointing out to Parasound that it happens, so they can try to perfect/improve a good thing. It would seem to me to be a software rather than hardware problem.

Comment

• LuckyLuke
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Chetk
              I asked Richard (Parasound Pres) that same question and, as it turns out, the answer is "no".

Sucks, because I have to reset that every time the power goes out.

DOH !

I like it switched off during a movie,
              guess i have to get off my lazy behind and use the main button. :M :B

Lucky

Comment

• mitch57
                • Nov 2004

That's unfortunate. I don't own a C1 but to me I think that should be a standard feature. I currently use a Denon 3805 for my pre/pro and I use that very feature constantly. I always turn my display off for movies and leave it on for TV and Redbook CDs. I place the recievier in "Pure Direct" mode when listening to DVD-A/SACDs.

But then again, I bet the C1 sounds much, much better then my receiver does.
                Mitch
                :stupidpc:

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Well, just add it to the Parasound wish list!
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"