X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SBHORN
    • Mar 2006

Rsp 1068 Upgrade

Looking To Upgrade From Current Rsp1068 As Ive Been Bitten By The Bug As I Do Every 1 To 1-1/2yrs.looking To Take A Significant Step Up Although I Beleive It Will Be Tough To Do As It Was Compared To A 4000.00 Primare With The 1068 Having More Features And Just As Awesome Of Sound Quality But,i Want To Give It A Shot.have Been Looking At Sunfire Theatergrand V,anthem Avm50(repl Avm30) Or Maybe Anthem Statement D1 If Any Left.please Help!!
  • begood
    • Oct 2005

I had the upgrade bug as well, but I decided to hold off and to wait for the blu-ray and HD-DVD format war to be resolved. Until a preamp or receiver can process the new Dolby Digital and DTS sound formats, there really is nothing new under the sun. Even preamps with HDMI cannot accept the new sound formats. At this point all they can do is switch video and I personally do not use my preamp for this purpose a direct connection or an external scaler is the best option. If you think about it, the two year old RSp-1068 does everything the preamps you mention do - play DPIIX, DD, DTS, Ext 7.1, and video switch. And I do understand that the Avm50 is expected to have a build in scaler, but you can buy a scaler that will out perform it and costs less. There may be some sound improvements, but I am sure a speaker or amp upgrade could get you same amount of improvement if not more.

Comment

• SBHORN
      • Mar 2006

Upgrade Options

Avm50 Is Actually The Avm30 With Hdmi Upgrades Only According To Nick At Anthem.there Will Be Another Model Based On Avm30 With Hdmi And Scaler.i Agree With Your Thoughts On The Seperate Scaler.for That Reason That Puts The New D2 Out Of The Question For Me(money Also).i Think They Should Have Put The Money Into Room Equalization And Not The Scaler Route.i Also Hear What Your Saying On The Hd-dvd/blu Ray War Although On An Article By Robert Harley He Said The New Players Will Have The Built In Decoders So You Wont Have To Upgrade Your Current Ssp And Use The Multichannel Outputs From The Dvd To Your Ssp.however,im Sure When The New Ssp's Have Them Built In They Will Be Better Than Whats Built Into The Dvd Player.

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

I think the 1068 does a great job with HT. Until the new formats are out I would not even consider a new pre/pro and even then it may not be necessary right away if you do not mind using the multi inputs. Like you said - it will take serious coin to substantially better the 1068 and for movies it may not be a big a change as you may hope.

What I do would if you are happy with your speakers is focus on improving music playback. I would consider a good two channel preamp and use it in a bypass mode. This, in my opinion is going to give you a bigger improvement than trying to upgrade the 1068 and for less cash. Plus, you can enjoy this with the format which has the most titles available - good ole CD.

Comment

• Club1820
          • Jan 2006

A friend of mine just unloaded his Sunfire Theatergrand V and Cinema Grand amp. He replaced it with a 1068 and 1075 amp. He is very happy with his "downgrade". I had nothing to do with savings either.
          Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• SBHORN
            • Mar 2006

Have The 1068 Paired With An Aragon 8008x5 Running Bi-amped To A Pair Of Legacy Focus 20/20.leftover Channel To A Legacy Center With A 9yr Old Rb980bx Running Axiom Surrounds.most People Say The Biggest Upgrade I Can Make For A Big Jump Up In Sound Quality Besides Room Acoustics Would Be To Upgrade The 1068.want Something To Really Increase Sound Quality Of Cd And Concert Dvd As They Will Run Through The Digital Coax Into 1068 So Dacs Of 1068 Will Be Used.also,1.2v On Preamp Out Does Not Leave Me With Enough Gain To Use All Of The Power Available Of Aragon Amp When I Really Want To Crank.industry Standard For The Most Part Is 2.0v Not With Rotel!talked To Michael In Tech At Rotel He Said Its Not Going To Change.because Of What I Do I Usually Can Receive The "industry Accomodation" Discount Which Is Usually Between 30%-50% Off Of Retail.who Knows,maybe The Legacies Need To Go.any Feedback?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"