X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hermie
    • Jan 2006

New Rotel Owner - Break in Period for RSX-1056

Hello Fellow ROTELians! I purchased my new RSX-1056 just yesterday together with a pair of Paradigm Monitor 11 and i'm so excited about it. i didn't owned any stereo or amplifiers before. I fell in love with Rotel when i heard it on a store powered by KEF bookshelf speakers. I bought the RSX-1056 because of Love At First Sight. Can you guys let me know how long is the break-in period for the Rotel and d Monitor 11. I am using a Samsung Dvd+Vhs combo Player. Thank you very much!!!
  • spinners
    • Feb 2006

congrats Hermie,

To get the best soundresults I would advice to buy a Rotel RDV 1050/60 dvd player as well, or , if you listen in stereo a lot, a RCD 1072 cd player. That would make a huge difference. About break-in time: Let it run for 7 days non stop on low volumes.
    Most important is the music source, that means the player. Garbage in, garbage out.
    Now I don't say your Samsung is garbage, but you will get master results with a dedicated player.

Spinners.
    RSX1056, RB1070, RDV1050, RCD 1072, Dali IKON 2, 2x REL Quake II

Comment

• Hermie
      • Jan 2006

Thanks Spinners! RDV-1050/60 is my next project but maybe later. Have you heard of Pioneer DV-686S dvd player? It's a lot cheaper and lot of fuctions. That was a friend suggestion. Dv-686s cost around 250 us$ while rdv-1050 is around 800$ here.

Comment

• Elvis
        • Jan 2005

Congrats,the 1056 is a really nice unit.If you are a critical music listener a dedicated player or better quality unit will be most pleasing.For mostly movies any decent unit will suffice.

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Welcome to Club Rotel Hermie. I initially ran my equipment for around 3 days at low volume, let the components cool, and then play at normal volumes. Your total breakin time may vary, but usually 100 hrs is the baseline, if in fact you believe in the "break in" theory. Just my $0.02.

Enjoy your new toy,

Azeke

Comment

• Joey_V
            • Jul 2005

Welcome to the CLUB buddy!! Enjoy your Rotel as we do with ours.... stick around and join the festivities!
            Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
            Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
            System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• spinners
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Hermie
              Thanks Spinners! RDV-1050/60 is my next project but maybe later. Have you heard of Pioneer DV-686S dvd player? It's a lot cheaper and lot of fuctions. That was a friend suggestion. Dv-686s cost around 250 us$ while rdv-1050 is around 800$ here.
              I know! I'm from the Netherlands, Rotel is expensive over here too. I would suggest the pioneer for movies, since it's a very good player. For 2 channel sound save up for a RCD 1072 cd player. But then again, it all depends on what you want. For me 2 channel is far more important than movies.

Comment

• lmib
                • Jul 2004

Hi Hermie,

welcome to the club.

Enjoy your new components till the upgraditis will catch you.
                I have to agree with spinners. Shit in Shit out. What your source do not bring into your Receiver the speakers cannot bring it back. So if you are a big music fan, start with the RCD 1072, an excellent CD Player, and if you are a Movie freak, try the RDV 1050, which somtimes can be caught for 500€ here in Germany.

You will be surprised what a huge difference the right source can make.
                Anyway it all depends on good recordings. Bad recordings sound also bad on good equipment. In this case music and movies underlies the same rules.

Stay tuned. lmib
                lmib

Comment

• spinners
                  • Feb 2006

Hi Imib,

You are so right. One can buy € 20.000 worth on equipment, if the recording sucks,
                  you will be disappointed. Isn't it strange that there is no international guideline for a good recorded cd, like a mark or something? A €15 cd messing up your expensive gear
                  is no joke at all.

Oops, sorry if this is off topic, will star new thread about this.

spinners

Comment

• Hermie
                    • Jan 2006

Thank's Brothers for all your suggestions! really appreciate it! :T

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"