X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Olaf
    • Nov 2003

RDV-1060 Interference

Dear All,

I am having a big problem with interference while watching DVD on my Toshiba 50" rear projection TV. The interference consists of scrolling diagonal lines sometimes fast and sometimes slow. The direction (from to to bottom and from bottom to top) varies as well.

I have disconnected everything (all Rotel components (except RDV-1060 and RSP-1098), all cables, cable TV etc ect) and still the problem is there.

I can also see the interference on the RSP-1098 TFT screen (even disconnected component video cable) via composite feed.

Any ideas, anybody???
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Hi,

Are you feeding the TV through RSP-1098 or are you going directly to the TV set. If you are switching through RSP-1098, try connecting the DVD directly to the TV and see if this interference goes way.

Thanks,
    Maziar

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I ran into a possibly similar problem while setting up a friends Philips RPTV last week. Seems the Philips has inputs that are dedicated to progressive and interlaced signals. So by sending a progressive signal through the interlaced input or an interlaced signal through the progressive input all you end up with is a bunch of wavy diagonal lines. I'm not familiar with Toshiba RPTV's, could this be the problem?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• Olaf
        • Nov 2003

Dear Maziar & Jason,

Thanks for replying. Even when I have the RDV-1060 only connected to the RSP-1098 using a composite feed (component feed to TV is disconnected) I still see the interference lines on the TFT screen. If I disconnect the composite feed and connect the component feed to my TV (alas only interlaced as my TV does not support progressive scan) I can also still see the interference lines.

The funny thing i that nothing else is connected in this setup, only RDV-0106 and TV, or alternatively RDV-1060 and RSP-1098.

All components receive their power from the Rotel RLC-1050 power filter and are connected using AudioQuest NRG-2 power cables.

I am lost...

Comment

• skipm
          • Jun 2003

Olaf-

Sounds like there might be a problem with the 1060. Do you have a friend that will let you connect your 1060 up to their system? Or could you return it to the dealer you purchased it from and have them try it on one of their systems?

-Skip

Comment

• Olaf
            • Nov 2003

Dear Skip,

I am starting to think along the same lines and have asked my dealer to come to my place with a new unit and perform the same test.

Rgds, Olaf

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"