X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drsiebling
    • Jan 2006

Rotel Ventilation

Hello everybody!

I'm about to make a purchase on a new media stand that will house my new plamsa TV as well as my Rotel and home theatre gear. I have, however, run into a problem. Both the Rotel 1056 and the Pioneer Elite Media Box recommend at least 4 inches of clearance around the components to cool effectively. I have yet to find a plasma stand that will allow for there to be this much clearance. The most I've been able to find is about 2-3 inches clearance on top with about 1-2 inches around the sides. Most offer even less than that. Anyone here have any experiences with the 1056 (or the Pioneer Elite media box for that matter) in a confined space? Am I going to fry the thing if I don't give it four inches all the way around to breathe? I need to pick up this stand today as my plasma is being delivered tomorrow. Any help is much appreciated!
  • snowball
    • Feb 2006

i dont have any experience,but maybe installing some fans(the pc kind) will do the trick!

not sure though!

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

2-3" should be fine, just separate things as best you can. A lot of people do run small PC fans if needed. Go with a stand you like, we can help cool it if it's a problem.

Kevin D.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Wooo hoo to PC fans! Since this picture they've been updated to 120mm fans which move a ton more air and produce less noise. I can barely hear all 7 fans at 6ft away with it dead quiet. I mainly here the PSU fan which I'm going to get a fanless one at some point.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Club1820
          • Jan 2006

PewterTA, where did you pick up those fans. looks cool! also, how do you have them wired and in which direction do they blow? into or away from the 1095?

thanks!
          Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• snowball
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Club1820
            PewterTA, where did you pick up those fans. looks cool! also, how do you have them wired and in which direction do they blow? into or away from the 1095?

thanks!
            i cant tell how PewterTA has them wired,but from experience with fans i suppose that for optimal airflow you need to install fans that blow air IN and fans that suck it OUT!

i think something like a 2(or 3):1 ratio of IN-OUT fans is good but i can be wrong !!! :

Comment

• Ryx
              • Oct 2005

If I were to put fans on the top of my amp I would have them sucking air out of the amp because heat rises, and you want the fan to asist that existing air flow. The fans will be drawing cool air in the bottum of the unit if set up this way. If more cooling is needed fans blowing in can be used but should be placed underneeth the unit for best results!

Comment

• bung99
                • Nov 2005

I have 2 X 12v fans in top of my 1095, one on each side on hot days only. I had them sucking but there was too much noise for me so I turned them over & now have them blowing air in from the top. They still do the trick but only use them here in summer when it is 30+ in the house.

Comment

• Club1820
                  • Jan 2006

Can anyone shed some light on how to wire these fans? Are they somehow hooked up to an electrical cord and then plugged into an outlet? Newbie in this area. Thanks.
                  Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Club1820
                    Can anyone shed some light on how to wire these fans? Are they somehow hooked up to an electrical cord and then plugged into an outlet? Newbie in this area. Thanks.

go to radio shack or the source and buy a 12 volt plug...on the end of the cord will be a connection where you can attached the wires from the fan. If possible plug the fans into a swtiched outlet so you can turn it on an off with our equipment.

Comment

• Club1820
                      • Jan 2006

Vancouver, thanks! will take a trip to radio shack.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"