6 inches of airspace for CA-M400 really necessary?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garak
    • Jul 2007

6 inches of airspace for CA-M400 really necessary?

Hi Guys,

I just got a pair of CA-M400. I tried them out yesterday, and they sound great! I ran them for about an hour, and they just got somewhat warm, but nowhere near as hot as my CA-5200 gets.

I need to get a rack for them, and my question is, how hot do they get after hours of use? Do they really need 6 inches of clearance above?

I was considering an open rack like this: http://www.bassocontinuo.it/e_ac_s.html. Can I get away with perhaps 3 inches of clearance above?

Thanks,
    Brian
  • rickc
    • Sep 2006

I have had my cam 400's for three years and they have never gotten anywhere close to being hot! My 5200 is hotter then hell all of the time and it just drives my center and rear speakers.

my cams are on a amp stand but they amaze me that they never get hot? I have played my system for hours at high levels and they have never been anything but warm when you touch them. I was surprised about the new 600s using fans I don't think that these amps break a sweat in any environment. I am driving b&w 802Ds

Comment

• garak
      • Jul 2007

Thanks Rick. I thought there would be some CA-M400 owners here.

Sadly, though, this forum seems to have become a ghost town.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hi Brian,

go with another BassoContinuo (if's possible) -> 3 inch. is enough!!

You go with a 7 ch. system? change the CA5200 with a CA3200

the new Classe ICT amplifier is amazing!!!

Style

Comment

• garak
          • Jul 2007

Hi style,

Good to hear from you. Yes, the plan is to go with another BassoContinuo rack. Probably the Accordeon s.

I'm just going to stay with a 5.1 system. I'll probably keep the CA5200.

So any changes to your system lately?

Brian

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hi Brian,

You have a good pirce for the CAM400 second hand?

I have replace the CA2200 with the CA2300 to drive the 802 and is very great: no noise, fan is very queit -> like the CA2200, no difference.

You will be place all the amplifier (CA5200-2xCAM400) on the new Basso?
            (I think that will be placed where do you you the CA5200 now, with the CA52 on the top that's right?)

greetings
            Omar

Comment

• garak
              • Jul 2007

Hi Omar,

I thought I got a good price for them. Fair for both sides I think.

I am thinking I will put the CAM400 on a Acordeon S with 2 shelves where the 5200 is now, and move the 5200 to where my subwoofer is now.

I'm glad you like the CA2300. Do you have any other changes planned?

Brian

Comment

• kpodolski
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by garak

Sadly, though, this forum seems to have become a ghost town.

You're right. It's almost like someone threw a light switch and everyone disappeared. This forum use to rock back in the day. It's too bad.....
                The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"