X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdika17
    • Oct 2008

Marantz Pre AV8003/Amp MM8003 or Rotel Pre RSP-1570/Amp RMB-1575

Getting down to crunch time on deciding on new pre/pro and amp. Both of these combo's have been out long enough to get a decent review and comparison. Price wise they are fairly close, rotel may have the upper hand in that department.

I've heard there has been some issure with the rotel 1570, does the marantz out preform the rotel?

So for the people who have any knowledge or experiences with the 2, comment and suggest!
    Chase

---------------------------------------------------
    Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!
  • cdika17
    • Oct 2008

Anyone have experience with the marantz combo?
    Chase

Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Sorry C, I haven't.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

Whats the needs of your system? This may help you decide which one to go with.

Comment

• cdika17
          • Oct 2008

I know I want the rotel combo and would fit my needs well, just that marantz combo is less power which in turn is less money, which lowers my total to meet my budget.
          Chase

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

there is a good thread over in the avs forum about the Marantz. Also the rotel forum talks about the good and bad. From what I have read( no first hand experience yet) both systems have some down falls I don't know if I'm cool with.

The Marantz is pretty promising with 2 channel but comes in short with only a total of 4 video inputs. From what I can see, there is also a problem with Auto calibration when using Dobly HD and DTS MA. This makes no sense if you think about it, why would you lose your setting or abiity when watching movies??? I don't get it.

The Rotel seems to not play the first few seconds of cd's and such. Thats totally not exceptable when running digital. Also poor video and control of the unit. The rsp1069 had mad problems and you would think with a quick release of yet another preamp , it would be solid and ready for prime time.

I wish one or both systems just did what they are suppose to do, I have been in the market for a preamp for over a year. It's not easy to pick a new preamp.
            The only one that seems to be solid but lacking in 2 channel analog is the Integra DTR9.9. Every other preamp has issues. The Integra's issue with 2 channel I can't except as I use my theater gear for 2 channel as well.

I would like to just go out, listen to a few different preamps, select the one I like and be done with it..... but no it doesn't do that now. Everyone has to have a short coming.

Dan

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

I asked my dealer, he rekoned the Rotel combo is ahead, although Dan has made some good points. I hope Rotel can fix their problems with a firmware update.
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"